fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: 8/nov 17 Passed First attempt with 4 Above Target and One Target.

8/nov 17 Passed First attempt with 4 Above Target and One Target. 6 years 5 months ago #12387

• Gopinadhan Allambathur
  • Gopinadhan Allambathur's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
What a great feeling.

Thanks loads to PM Prepcast and Kudos to PMI for the way they test. Despite the above average results, I had my heart in my mouth, especially during the first hour of my exam. I felt like, I am writing a different version of the exam. Brain dump took a bit longer than it should and could not even finish 40 questions in the first hour.
More than the questions, the answers were very confusing as only a second reading could give you the much needed clue. Took a deep breath and decided to give my best shot using all my experience on PM Exam Simulator.
LESSON: - Clarity of knowledge is MANDATORY, which means just knowing the subject is not good enough.
Tools used : PMBOK guide , read it in such a way by creating questions yourself and answer them.
PM Exam Simulator is a beauty which I have taken all the 8 exams + ITTO. I never scored more than 80% except in the ITTO which was 86.5 (good news for you) but the last week I tried my best to fill my knowledge gaps and strongly suggest to review the details and explanations even if they were correct.
Listened to PM Prepcast all lessons, rather than watching it as I used it while commuting to work and to school to pick my kids. I strongly suggest to watch the HD quality material if time permits. Cornelius, you are a magician; nobody explains it so peacefully like you. My daughter says you are related to Harry Potter, are you ;)?
Head first is a great book for people like me who like images to remember and for easy reading experience.
Rita’s material is not my kind of learning, but I felt she is right about the generalized knowledge you should possess rather than the academic way.
Last but not the least, thanks to Edward Chung for directing me and strongly proposing PM Prepcast and his own notes, which I found very valuable.
WARNING: Answers are not as direct as it is in any of the sample tests. Learn Integrated Change Control well.
ADVICE :Do not give up, give your best shot. You can do it.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login