fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Have passed my PMP at first try with Above Target by 11 weeks of preparation

Have passed my PMP at first try with Above Target by 11 weeks of preparation 6 years 5 months ago #12312

• Pat
  • Pat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I've passed my PMP on last week with Above Target score : 3 AT in IN, EX & M&C and 2T in PL & CL.
My plan below:
I've bought PMI Guide Book but have never read it despite the advices of all kind and wise advisers and all specialized websites. :dry: Why? For me this book is just for PMI-isms and I've found my missing PMI-isms with e-flashcards of Prepcast. And the course training must be excite but its drying form doesn't help to do so.
Just in the way by telling you that my preparation was relied exclusively on Prepcast (The courses+Ebook bundle +Eflash cards + Formulas Guide & Pocket):
-Have read the courses apart from interviews just an only time : I had no time for interviews
-Have done all the tests: preliminary and for each knowledge area related course after each course and also after having finished all the courses befor e to go through the exam simulations as I have considered my simulation exams as real tests. Serious!
-Have done all the 09 exams simulations and scored around 82% at average.I have reviewed all my wrong answers and also some correct answers to see the superb comments of Cornelius. I suggest strongly to not memorize but to feel the flow of process behind the question and the answers even the question was answered correctly.
I've bought Rita. But how I used it? - I've simply made the tests and I've reviewed all the questions answered correctly or not. I've read the Rita tricks and advices for the exam day. And I think that the comments on anwers from Rita Book help to understand the flow and also to laugh as well as with Cornelius comments on answers.
Don't test only your answers quota , but also your understanding of answers. Make the tests as if you are in the center test. I think that you will be around your simulation score in the real exam so take for real your simulation exam score.
Definitely, have a study plan and be focused on it. From my point of view, the overall Prepcast material is the best summary of PMI Guide Book. And I think that Cornelius by a sense of respect for the great main client aka PMI company to be maintained in the procurement records, just continues to preach the gospel of absolute-reading of the PMI Book. B).
Please, don't follow exactly my recommendations, fit your preparation to your personality. For example, I'm an african having french language as mother language however I've not taken any language aid for my CBT Exam because it wastes time to scroll down and up. It was my choice. Know yourself and adapt your study plan to your professional and social constraints. The study plan is a project and keep in mind that you are a project manager in your preparation journey so that you have not to memorize just for your exam but to apply it to your work. I can also say here that from the projects successfully completed before sitting for PMP, I was already in the Project environment but there was many standards which missed.
Be confident in you. The ITTOs - the secret of ITTOs? There's in the smell of process flow
My exam was a pure situational exam (6σ=99,99% I guess) . I've used the internal calculator only one time. The key to the success is to have a solid preparation to build the confidence whatever the form of exam will be. I'm good at Maths so that I love questions with formulas but there was not the case in my exam..
I suggest strongly to buy the full formula of Prepcast and not to be scattered with many learning materials from many good experts. Even Cornelius suggest to use another learning materials. However I think personnally it's a waste of time. Imagine you have to go through the 09 simulation exams one time and each time you review all the 1800 questions. As explained above, I've reviewed all the wrong questions within superb Cornelius comments and some correct questions comments. The eflash cards help to fill you with missing PMI-isms.
So the Prepcast is the whole formula which helps to win. If you use a part, maybe you will have to grab in other training material. It is as if you have several teachers for an only subject. You have to feel your teacher, his spirit and it helps to be focused. Maybe other could have a sufficient time to explore many learning materials, For me , the courses and answers comments of Cornelius are the best for me and widely sufficent to give the taste of victory. Also you add in your recipe, the salt of comments from test questions from Rita.:P
Cornelius and Prepcast material are the best. Follow strongly what the complete formula recommends and we can have a more tremendous success.
I've paid for the exam one week before sitting for the exam and have planned for sit for exam 3 days before the exam sit due to be ensured of the adequation of my trip with the available day of exam. I've visited the Prometric center in the precedent day to be sure to not be surprised by any unprevented circumstance. As project manager , you have to plan all until the end. Be responsible is to not transfer the risk to Prometric but prevent it. I had a good experience with the center and was here 1hour before my exam. The checking is very long and accurate. This can be related to the overall high rate of global terrorism. So don't be annoyed to follow the rules even it seems to be exagerrated and be focus on your PMP Exam.

Thank you Cornelius and to your OSP team. Keep the good work. Now PDUs...And I will continue to rely on Prepcast for the credential maintenance.
And we're coming to the end of these lessons learned and Justine to say : See you next time.:cheer:

Have passed my PMP at first try with Above Target by 11 weeks of preparation 6 years 5 months ago #12313

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Pat,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login