fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed! First attempt.

Passed! First attempt. 6 years 4 months ago #12299

• Debbie Dananberg
  • Debbie Dananberg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I just passed with above-target. 3 out of 5 domains i received above-target (planning, execution, and closure) and 2 were target (initiating and monitoring and control).

Prometrics Test
I loved that you could highlight text from the question and this was a huge help. It helped remove the noise so that i focused only on the actual question. I also loved that you could strike out the responses that you have eliminated. Both of these were also very useful when i went back to review marked items.
I also loved that Prometrics supplied noise reduction headphones. When i took the test, there were a few people taking other tests and they were doing a lot of loud typing. So i had these headphones on the entire time.

My Prep for the Exam
I prepared an MS Project plan for my studies. 16 weeks - with the first 14 planned for learning the knowledge areas / approx one chapter per week an hour so so per day. Then the remaining couple of weeks were dedicated to questions. I used primarily Andy Crowe's book. I also had Rita's but i felt that Andy's was much geared to the exam and i liked the format much better - Inputs - Tools - Outputs. So, i rarely used Rita's except for the test questions. I used the PMBOK as a reference - but did not use it that much. When i had a test question that i got wrong, i would follow-up with the PMBOK . Last two weeks, i ramped up to 3 - 4 hours per day. I used PM PrepCast and another simulator (PMtraining) - both were excellent and reasonably priced simulators..

So, no matter what book you read to learn the material, the key to passing this test is going to be doing as many test questions as you can. Be wary of some of the free questions on the internet. There are many questions out there that are for previous versions of the PMBOK and the PMBOK has definitely changed over the years .

I hope this helps! Good luck everyone!

Passed! First attempt. 6 years 4 months ago #12307

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login