fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam - 1st attempt, 5 weeks, All domains above target

Passed PMP Exam - 1st attempt, 5 weeks, All domains above target 6 years 5 months ago #12257

• Joanna Jackson
  • Joanna Jackson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I passed my PMP exam this past Saturday, 10/21/17. I did a compressed preparation with starting to study on 9/19/17. Here’s what I did.

1. Read Head First PMP. Read it like a story, with a goal of overall understanding - not memorization. I took my time reading and thought about how the different topics related to projects I had managed.
2. I took the Prepcast final exam and submitted my PMP application.
3. I took the Prepcast pre-assessment test. Scored 73%.
4. I read the PMBOK Guide, watched all of the introductory Prepcast chapter videos, watched all the Prepcast videos through Integation. Watched additional Prepcast videos on areas I felt like I needed more knowledge.
5. I took a full length Exam Simulation. Scored 80%.
6. Based on exam results, I re-read PMBOK guide chapters I was weak in. I also watched additional Prepcast videos in areas to reinforce. And, I took learning exam simulators I’m weak domains. I also took all Prepcast end of chapter exams.

Don’t focus too much on memorizing formulas. Memorize the communication channels formula, and learn the EVM concepts so that the formulas make sense. Don’t simply memorize the EVM formulas. If they make sense, it’s much easier to remember. Also understand float and critical path.

I took the exam on Sat, 10/21/17, and scored Above Target on all domains. I took 2 breaks - 1 after 100 questions and another after 160.

Best of luck to everyone on this journey!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos Putin

Passed PMP Exam - 1st attempt, 5 weeks, All domains above target 6 years 5 months ago #12288

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login