fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP First Attempt

Passed PMP First Attempt 6 years 6 months ago #12205

• Thomas Joiner
  • Thomas Joiner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I passed the PMP exam on my first attempt this past week. The PM PrepCast was invaluable to me as I prepared for the PMP exam. I watched nearly every video and listened to a few of the audio podcasts. I read the PMBOK Guide once. That was about all I could take with the dry material. I also used Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep answering all of the end of chapter questions but doing only a few of the exercises though I did review all of the exercise answers so that I would understand those concepts.

The Test Simulator was also a key to my study. I took 3 full 4-hour tests getting scores of 86, 90, and 85. At that point I felt I was prepared. I must admit that the actual exam struck me as more difficult than the simulated tests. As a general rule, the exam questions were less detailed and forced you to make many assumptions to get to an answer. The simulator questions were more detailed though some of that detail could be misleading. In the actual exam, I finished my first run through the questions in 3:45 allowing me only 15 minutes to go over my marked questions. I was able to review my marked questions with only 4 minutes to spare. A very tough exam! I passed with 3 Above Target and 2 At Target and I am extremely glad that this milestone is behind me. My timeline from beginning of study to test date was about 4.5 months.

I couldn't have done it without the PM PrepCast.

Passed PMP First Attempt 6 years 6 months ago #12213

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!
Community Moderator

Passed PMP First Attempt 6 years 6 months ago #12218

• Mark Bushong
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations. It sounds as if you worked hard and were well prepared.

Passed PMP First Attempt 6 years 6 months ago #12223

• Jada Garrett
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Congrats Thomas. PrepCast and the simulator were also invaluable to me.
Jada Garrett, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login