fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP exam! Tips here!

Passed my PMP exam! Tips here! 6 years 5 months ago #12180

• Humphrey Chua
  • Humphrey Chua's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed my PMP exam last week and here are some insights on the type of questions I got and how I prepared.

As I already got a classroom training 5 years ago and had been managing projects for quite some time, I did not bother reading the PMBOK guide anymore as I find it too dry.
What help me with passed the exam was my Pmprepcast subscription. I have gone through all the learning modules and completed it within 3 weeks. I spent 5 hrs per day to understand the lessons and took down notes. After completing all the modules, I've gone through all the reading materials in Pmprepcast website which help me clear the gaps in my learning. Finally, I took 8 - four hour long practice exams from pmprepcast. It was indeed a sacrifice on my part as I wanted to get certified asap. Even the night before the exam day, I took one exam prep and completed 200 questions. I was averaging 75 to 80% in all the exams I have taken.

On the exam day, I did not prepare any dump as I did not memorize the 47 process groups or the ITTO. I just made sure I understand the concepts behind every process.
During the exam, my strategy was to answer the easy questions as fast as I can and mark the ones I am in doubt of my answer. I finish the 200 question after 3hrs and 15 mins.
I was left with 45 minutes to revisit the questions I marked which was around 78. I did the process of elimination and I tried to match the situations which was almost similar with the prepcast exams. Luckily, in my exam, there was no computation at all or even a network diagram. Most questions are situational and more questions on naming the type of tool or chart used for analyzing etc. As the time ran out, the result came and I passed! I could have not done it without pmprepcast as I only relied in their material.
The pmprepcast is worth every cent and time I invested into and I sincerely thank the team for putting a lot of work in it to make project management framework much simpler and easier to understand.

Passed my PMP exam! Tips here! 6 years 5 months ago #12183

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Humphrey,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Passed my PMP exam! Tips here! 6 years 5 months ago #12187

• Akim Galloway, PMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Good Job! Welcome to the club! Now its time to focus on those PDUs. :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login