fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Failed my PMP second attempt and depressed

Failed my PMP second attempt and depressed 6 years 7 months ago #12018

• Mooli
  • Mooli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I’m really depressed about my self with the PMP .. my first attempt was on 6th July .. I didn’t study as much and I was expected the failure
Then I’ve study hard which is studying from Ritta and some of the chapters from the PMbook after each knowledge I used to answer around 100+ question from FASTTRACK and got 70+
I answered more than 3 mock-up exams and the worst grad I took was 57
But the others with 175 and 70 questions around 70 – 90

Am really confused what shall I do .. after all what I have done I got this!! I will reschedule my exam next week but I don’t know what to do!
And am asking why they have changed the examination word from “Proficient” to “Above Target” ? what is the difference?

Failed my PMP second attempt and depressed 6 years 7 months ago #12023

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Mooli,

I am very sorry to hear that you failed the exam the 2nd time. I am sure that it must be a big set back for you but if this is something you truly want to attain then don't give up.

You should take some time to step back and reevaluate your study methods and materials. I noticed you mentioned only studying some of the PMBOK chapters. The test is based on the PMBOK guide and you should be reading the entire book in my opinion. I read it completely three times and don't think I would have passed had I not done so. I realize that it is a horribly difficult book to read but you really must focus on the PMBOK for content since that is what the test is based on. The other books like Rita are great supplemental material that should improve your understanding. Also, did you use the PM Exam Simulator? If not, then you should. Again, I would not have passed the exam without it. It not only helped me better understand the material and build knowledge but it was critical to help me in my time management for the exam which is very critical. The PM Exam Simulator also breaks down your results after each exam so that you can identify your weak areas and refocus your studies.

You can pass the exam. I have seen posts from many others on this forum in which they also had to take the exam 3 times but were able to persevere and pass. I wish you all the best of luck.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Failed my PMP second attempt and depressed 6 years 7 months ago #12036

• Mooli
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you dear for your reply .. its really helpful!!
yes i've studied some of chapters from PM Book while remaining from Rita only

i will reschedule my test next week and will try to get PM simulator to answer all the questions and i hope that i passed! :)

thanks again

Failed my PMP second attempt and depressed 6 years 7 months ago #12106

• AnnA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sorry to hear that dear , like other I suggest also to learn from PMBOOK , and if nothing other helps also use practice exams like from this website or others. I personally used questions from cert-guide.com

Failed my PMP second attempt and depressed 6 years 6 months ago #12233

• SteveH
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Mooli,
I just passed using only Rita, PMBOK and the PM exam simulator. I think it would be just about impossible to pass just using Rita's book. It's good , but it is different than PMBOK and as stated by others the test is ultimately based on PMBOK. Set Rita aside now and go read ALL of PMBOK and I think you'll do much better!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login