fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passing the PMP exam!

Passing the PMP exam! 6 years 7 months ago #11468

• Steve Harvey
  • Steve Harvey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed the PMP exam on August 1st. The insight, training, assistance and evaluation that Cornelius so ably and professionally provided is the main reason I completed my goal. It is by far the greatest value I have ever received for three hundred dollars. His service just keeps giving and giving back. I will no doubt refer to and use his PMP recorded interviews for years to come.

The following is a high level view of the foot work I used to accomplish my August 1 milestone. I completed a 35 hour prep course through my local PMI chapter. This enabled me to develop a good introduction to the PMBOK. Also, met PM's and was also able to connect with a study group that kept me accountable for a couple months.

At the end of my prep class realizing the need for digging deeper I discovered prep-cast. After listening to sessions 4.01-13.04 and completing all the quizzes for each session(recording all my scores -determining weak areas) I began using Cornelius' exam simulation portal. During 40 - 50 hour work weeks I would review my 500 plus note cards daily! Every spare moment! A stack for each knowledge area. On Saturday I would take a 200 question exam - document my score then the following week review every question and answer. I would transfer the correct PMI knowledge to the appropriate note card for all the wrong answers and do the same for all the questions I guessed at or found my confidence was weak. I would then continue to review them as constant as possible. I also hung an ITTO flow chart poster (from true solutions) in my office in order to trace a test question to its origin and output, tools and technique etc. This helped answer the what for and why. I covered my office walls with posters and charts. The first thing my wife did upon receiving the good news of a pass, was rid the walls of posters and marker boards in our living room and dining room.

After 60 days I completed all 1800 questions having a cumulative score 0f 78. The week right before my test I did test one through four over again gaining a cumulative score of 85. This seem to really bring everything together for me. I only worked a half day that week and spent sixty hours doing nothing but testing, reviewing and note carding. I took the day off before the test to give my brain a break. Using the three pass method during the test was very beneficial in helping anxiety and enabling me to use the allotted time wisely. I have sever test anxiety and so I applied peppermint essential oil to my wrists, feet and upper lip right before entering the facility.

Also while I was using Cornelius's podcast I took 900 Kaplan test question from their portal. This really helped me to gain a solid foundation and correlate questions with the knowledge areas that Cornelius was covering. This is what it took for me to go the distance.

However Cornelius in depth , clear, easy to follow teaching produced the keen edge necessary to pass. Also, my wife worked tirelessly quizzing , encouraging and locating the best PMI approved resources. She introduced me to Cornelius. I could not have conquered without her support and the help of my family. They teased we know longer had family time in the car but only "PMI" time.

Thank you Cornelius I honestly have no complaints.

Passing the PMP exam! 6 years 7 months ago #11478

• Aara Kapur
  • Aara Kapur's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Firstly, Very Congratulations :-)

I am very happy for you.

Thanks for the shared your personal experience with us. I also cracked PMP exam last year but I was getting training from Koenig Solutions.

According to me, Find the right place to learn PMP course (This is most important question for the students)

Passing the PMP exam! 6 years 7 months ago #11483

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Congrats, Steve!

Best wishes,
Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login