fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Lessons Learnt

Lessons Learnt 6 years 9 months ago #11444

• Olusanya (Ade) Badejo
  • Olusanya (Ade) Badejo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
From start to finish for me was 2-months; thank Goodness for the support from PrepCast. Got Prepcast first week in May and did the exam first week of July.

A friend suggested I get PrepCast and raved about how good it is. I was skeptical, but went ahead to get it anyway. I had to wait for the stipulated time to take the short exam needed for the 35 PDU contact hours before submitting my application. Luckily, my application was not audited.
As for preparation:
- I followed the order recommended by the Prepcast- leaving Project integrated management for the last
- I did the pre-course assessment to give myself a baseline.
- I listened to each lesson, did the self-assessment before and after listening to gauge my knowledge and improvement (if there was any)
- When ever I got bored, I took out time to answer some PMP prep exam questions - I used the book by Scordo Christopher.
- After listening to all the Knowledge area lessons, I went on to the Prepcast simulated exams, and that was when things got interesting. The Simulated exam pointed me to where I should focus on and where I could consider as "done".
- I went on to look at the PMBOK guide, checking those areas where I thought I was deficient.

Note: Please do not check the PMbok guide. As good as the Prepcast is , you will need to get some more grounding from the guide. I didn't bother to listen to the interviews, since I was pressed for time. I had set my exam for July 3, which added just about enough level of stress and urgency that I needed to get going. I will advice you set some urgency into your preparation, and the best way to do it is to set a demanding exam date.

For the exam proper: I didn't do much a day better the exam, other than some light review. I got to the exam venue about 30 mins earlier and was allowed to start before the set time.
Note: during the exam I was initially flustered by how many question I was check marking to review later. Trust me, your time of taking the simulated exam is not wasted. If you have done it with discipline, you will be well prepared for the stamina and mental strength required for a straight 4hrs of drilling. Another very good lesson I learnt from the Prepcast and the simulated exam is how to learn to eliminate some answers from the list of answers. Even when you don't know the right answer for sure, taking the time to think and eliminate odd answers may be all the luck you need. And such thinking and ability to eliminate comes from adequate preparation. And please, do not get discouraged (with low scores) when preparing and answering questions (simulated or texts), every low score is preparing you for the D-day. Takes note when listening and check the PmBok for elaboration on concepts you find challenging. Lest I forget, if you believe in prayer, please do. Prepare hard and trust that God will help you, especially when using the elimination method :)

In all, I will say the Prepcast is an excellent shortcut to PMP exam success.

Lessons Learnt 6 years 9 months ago #11446

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Olusanya,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Lessons Learnt 6 years 8 months ago #11466

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Note: Please do not check the PMbok guide. As good as the Prepcast is , you will need to get some more grounding from the guide. I didn't bother to listen to the interviews, since I was pressed for time. I had set my exam for July 3, which added just about enough level of stress and urgency that I needed to get going. I will advice you set some urgency into your preparation, and the best way to do it is to set a demanding exam date.

I'm not sure I understand this point.
Community Moderator

Lessons Learnt 6 years 8 months ago #11469

• Steve Harvey
  • Steve Harvey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratualations! Appreciated you sharing your hard work. It is the best feeling in the world to be done!

Lessons Learnt 6 years 8 months ago #11479

• Aara Kapur
  • Aara Kapur's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Dear,

Very Congratulations and I appreciate your hard work :-)

You know what this is one of the best feelings ever when we cracked the tough exam :-)

I have cracked PMP exam and I want to say that it is not easy to crack this exam without hard work and choose the right training center like - Koenig Solutions, Udemy, Global Knowledge and much more...
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login