fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PM PrepCast

PM PrepCast 6 years 9 months ago #11367

• Daniel R.
  • Daniel R.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
I used PM Prepcast for my revision before the PMP Exam. I have successfully passed the exam ( I will be soon write my lessons learned and a big thanks Mr. Cornelius Fichtner for the great job that he has done providing these products). I did not use it for the 35 PDU for the eligibility as I had bought software for that purpose.

Since I have not used this for the eligibility can I use this 35 PDU for certificate renewal? What type of category I need to log this in. Please guide me on this.

Thanks

PM PrepCast 6 years 9 months ago #11383

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Hello Daniel,

First of all, congratulations on passing your exam! Thank you for your warm words regarding our products. And we will definitely be happy to see your lessons learned post.

As for the PDU's, if you completed the PM PrepCast (or any other professional development course/activity/event) BEFORE the date you passed your PMP exam, then, unfortunately, you cannot claim it for the PDU's. Here is what the PMI says about this:

"Activities you completed before you earn a PMI certification are not eligible as PDUs."

For more details, please visit the PMI web site. The quote above is taken from the CCR Handbook, here:
www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...rements-handbook.pdf

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gail Freedman

PM PrepCast 6 years 9 months ago #11384

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Stan. I have not yet completed the final exam in the PM PreCast and hoping to do this this week end. Does this make a difference. I mean can I claim it as I'm completing it after the PMP exam.
Let me know.

PM PrepCast 6 years 9 months ago #11385

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Daniel, I believe it's better if you ask PMI directly because this scenario sits on a border line. You can send them an email at:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hope it helps.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login