fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Exam Lessons Learned

PMP Exam Lessons Learned 6 years 8 months ago #11275

• Kent Settle
  • Kent Settle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My project management experience up to this point has been fairly unstructured and the companies for which I have worked have had fairly undefined project management policies and procedures. I decided it was time to dig deep and learn what it would take to learn best project management practices. It was time to study for the PMP exam. It took me about six months of studying to make it happen.

I started by reading the Head First PMP book, which I found an easy and quite understandable read. After working my way through this book, I moved on to reading Rita Mulcahy’s PMP Exam Prep book. Things continued to make sense and blanks continued to get filled in. My next step was to take the PM PrepCast. I worked my way through all the lessons and then took eight of the PMP Exam Simulator practice exams. After each practice exam, I went back and did some refresh studying on the exam areas I was weak on. The final result was that I passed the PMP exam on my first try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP

PMP Exam Lessons Learned 6 years 8 months ago #11286

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Kent,

Congratulations and thank for posting your lessons learned. Best of luck to you as a newly minted PMP.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login