fbpx

Reply: I cleared PMP on first attempt.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I cleared PMP on first attempt.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 2 months ago #12818

Scott Gillard

Congrats to both of you!
6 years 2 months ago #12817

Ravi Bhatia

Cleared PMI ACP exam on first attempt last weekend.
Here are some resources that I used.

Books:
PMI-ACP® Exam Prep, Updated Second Edition Read it thrice (rate it 5/5)
The PMI-ACP Exam: How To Pass On Your First Try by Andy Crowe Read it twice (rate it 4/5)

Online training for PDU:
udemy dot com/pmi_acp_exam_prep (4/5)

Mock tests:
Whizlabs - 4 tests of 120 questions took each test at least thrice (rating 4/5)
Prepcast - took the free tests multiple times (4/5)
SimpleLearn dot com- took 120 question test twice (rating 3/5)
exam-labs dot com (rating 3/5)

took the tests in both the above books multiple times. (4.5/5)

My experience based on above resources:
PMI ACP exam was tough. Tougher than all the mocks above. (I scored Above Target in all domains)
Some of the mocks were very simple and straight forward, exam questions are not that simple.
But at the end giving the mocks repeatedly prepared me for the type of questions to expect in exam.
I didn't see any of the mock exam questions in the real exam.
Exam questions are lengthy and takes time to understand I went in with the assumption that I would finish the exam in 2 hours and will have enough time to review.
However I finished my exam only 5 minutes prior to my 180 minutes. I hardly got 5 mins to review.

The most important thing while preparing for the exam is to have the agile mindset. Memorizing wont help at all.
Most of the questions were scenario based. No charts, graphs appeared in my set of exam questions. No formulas or calculations were required.
I will not be able to point on a single source of mock tests that was close to the exam questions. But giving these tests multiple times will definitely help. (highly recommend)
On the whole I would have tried 4000+ questions (including repetitions) before going for the exam.
Online resources helped me a lot to prepare for the exam.

Good luck with your preparation.

Thanks,
Ravi Bhatia
6 years 8 months ago #11246

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Deepti,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
6 years 8 months ago #11224

Deepti Joshi

Hello All,
I passed PMP on my first attempt. I am thankful to team of PM prep cast for the mock exam simulator they provided.
Thank you!.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login