fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Cleared my PMP in First Attempt

Cleared my PMP in First Attempt 6 years 9 months ago #11123

• Vikas Kumar
  • Vikas Kumar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Yesterday, I had cleared my PMP exam in my first attempt.
I would like to share my experience :

Total Preparation duration - 6 weeks (3-4 hours daily and on weekends 6-7 hours)

Tools used :
1. PMBOK 5th Edition - Read Twice
2. Rita Mulcahy, 8th Edition - Read Once but spent good amount of time and attention while reading.
3. PM Prep Cast - Completed once and all Knowledge area twice.
4. PM Simulator - Completed all 9 exams (78% - 93%)

Read Rita Once - Rita's 8th edition book was the most valuable source for my study, I didn't feel comfortable having it as my sole source outside the PMBOK.
PMBOK Twice - A must to go through. In my last week of preparation I put focus more on chapter 3 , Annex A1 , and ITTOs section and their interaction with other KA.
PM Prepcast - PMP prepcast is really very good study material. After watching the full video you will get clear picture of PMBOK guide.
Simulator - Good tool for practice and very close to real exams except in simulator there are many direct ITTO questions whereas in real exam , I didn't get any direct question on ITTOs.

In Exam, there are many question on change management, HR management, Procurement management, communication management.
There are very few formula and network diagram based questions
There about 90% situational questions where you need to understand the situation and then need to PMBOK knowledge.

I completed my exam in 3 hrs and 20 mints and don't have any patience to review y question so pressed finsih button ...AND ....
cannot express my feeling in words after seeing " CONGRATULATIONS" on my screen.

My PMP Exam results are as below :
Initiating - Proficient
Planned - Proficient
Executing - Moderately Proficient
Monitor and Controlling - Proficient
Closing - Below Proficient

I would to high recommend to include PM Prepcast in your study material for your PMP preparation.

Regards,
Vikas

Cleared my PMP in First Attempt 6 years 9 months ago #11141

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!!!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login