fbpx

Reply: PMP - 1st Try. Prepcast was most trusted

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP - 1st Try. Prepcast was most trusted

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 6 months ago #610

Kaushik Goswami, PMP

Maria,
I wish you luck with your preparation and certification. An influence diagram (ID) (also called a decision diagram or a decision network) is a compact graphical and mathematical representation of a decision situation. It is a simple visual representation of a decision problem. Influence diagrams offer an intuitive way to identify and display the essential elements, including decisions, uncertainties, and objectives, and how they influence each other.
Influence diagrams contain four types of nodes (Decision, Chance, Deterministic, and Value) and two types of arcs (influences and informational arcs). It is an useful tool but I have seldom seen it as a question in sample tests (I answered about 4000 sample questions) other than being mentioned as one of the incorrect choices.
Best Regards,
Kaushik
14 years 6 months ago #605

Lucia R

hello and congratualions! I am from Uruguay and this is the first time I post something in the forum. I do not have experience but I will start using so forgive me if there is something I should do in another way, I am starting and learnging.
I am having a similar strategy and will take the exam in December. I would like to ask you if you remember having seen any question regarding "relevance or influence" diagram or in any of the prep exam sample questions, or what is your conclusion regarding the use of this diagram. Tks you so much! now you are a PMP!
14 years 6 months ago #603

Kaushik Goswami, PMP

I became a PMP on the first try on Aug 8th, 2009. I even got promoted to Senior Manager within a week of clearing the credentials :woohoo:. PM Prepcast was my main source of making the exam material (namely the PMBOK guide) palpable. Initially like many of my fellow PMPs and aspirants I made the "choice" of going through the PMBOK guide. I fell asleep every 2 pages :blush:. Then I tried PM Prepcast and my preparation was trail blazing since then. I prepared for a month and half (amidst hectic work schedule and challenging personal situations) and took the exam. I owe it to PM Prepcast for saving me time, money and most of all making me a PMP. I recommend it to all PMP aspirants if they are serious about becoming one.

My strategy was as follows:
1. Listen to PM Prepcast to and fro work. Skim over PMBOK relevant content the same day after hours. I did this every day for 3 weeks.
2. Read Andy Crowe cover to cover once. 2nd time revision of harder concepts.
3. Read PMBOK cover to cover once.
4. Read additional content in Rita Mulcahy and mark them for revision.
5. 7 days (before exam) blitz of answering every possible sample tests (good list provided in this website, PM Prepcast Sample Test plus Rita's Chapter Tests, Andy Crowe Chapter & Sample Tests, Head First PMP Sample Test, PMStudy Sample Test) interlaced with PMBOK guide glossary review and brain dump practice. I answered the 200Q tests at the exact same time of day as my scheduled exam to keep myself "match fit".

I did quite well in the exam. This worked for me - hopefully does the trick for you too. I wish "All the best" to the aspirants.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login