fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: End of 60 days of PMP preparation Journey

End of 60 days of PMP preparation Journey 6 years 9 months ago #11017

• Adeel Sharon
  • Adeel Sharon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks PMP-prepcast.
You have a good friend in this journey.
I am from a technical background so I had a clean slate when I started my pmp preparation.
So, I am glad that it is over and I got over the hurdles on first attempt. Got 4 Ps and I MP in closing process groups.

Studied mostly in weekends. Read the Rita's and PMBOK guide , twice each of them.
Went for couple of mock exams , the PMstudy, Oliver lehmans , and other free PMP exams. and eventually went with PMP-Prepcast.
I would rate PMStudy and PMP-Prepcast very highly. Although RIta's end of the chapter questions are not bad.
I scored around 80% on most exams and around 87-90% for pmp prepcast mock exams although I did not take any exam for the first 1.5 months and went for continous exams for the last 15 days (one exam every day and analysis of the exam) - not a good move since I could only take 8 out of 9 PMP -prepcast exams.

Exam -
Most questions I got in the actual Exam are 1-2 lines, very very indirect (except the EVM questions).
I feel the questions on the PMP-precast are a bit on the longer side (unlike the questions I got in my exam - then again , each exam can have different question pattern).
Also I have not got single "deceiving" kind of questions , misdirection kind of questions.
the EVM and other calculations are very very rudimentary in the exams , on par with PMP-precast.
Most questions in my exams were situational and maybe 2-3 ITTO (not direct) and the situations very direct. There was not a 5-6 lines at the begining of the question to throw you off from what the question is really about. This is the biggest difference I have found in PMP-prepcase and my actual exam.

I think I might have scored around 80-85% right in the actual exam which was consistent with my other exams. I was pretty confident of clearing the exam although you never know when you go for the first time.
All in all , if anybody is scoring north of 75% in most mock exams have a decent chance of clearing the exams on first go. Just do not try every mock exam and please please do not wait for last month for mock exams.
also , focus on PMBOK rather than any other books since questions are mostly based directly from it.
My actual exams had a lot of communication management , Stakeholder management- Knowledge areas and lot of them were on "escalation and reporting structure" etc.

Hope this helps with anybody attempting for PMP exam. good Luck.

End of 60 days of PMP preparation Journey 6 years 9 months ago #11024

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Congratulations.
Cheers!!!

[email protected] 6 years 7 months ago #11664

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your lessons learned!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login