fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP exam on first try

Passed the PMP exam on first try 6 years 10 months ago #10869

• Engr. Rafael Mabute
  • Engr. Rafael Mabute's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Good day everyone,
I just passed my PMP examination last June 02, 2017
I got 3 Moderately Proficient, 1 Below Proficient (Monitoring & Controlling), 1 Proficient (Closing)
Before I applied for qualification, I already finished reading PMBok and Rita Mulcahy book. After receiving that I qualified to take the exam, I immediately schedule my exam.
Due to some work overload a month before the exam, I find it hard to find time to review or reread the PMBok. Anyhow here are the things that helped me a lot in PMP exam
1.) PM Prepcast Videos help me a lot (good things it can be save/downloaded to CP); I watched it during my travel to/from work and sometimes during lunch break. I also explore some PMP Videos from youtube especially regarding the ITTO.
2.) Reading Rita Mulcahy Book (action involved in each process) and PMBok.
3.) Took PM Prepcast exam simulator and taking notes on the questions didn’t answer correctly.
4.) Knowing the location of your Prometric exam, I scheduled my exam in the afternoon, since the venue is in the Central business district which always expected to have a very heavy traffic.
5.) Don’t forget to eat before the exam =)
6.) Understanding the process flow of Change request, Performance data/information and Deliverables based on PMBoK is really important.
Good luck to future PMP examiner
Thanks a lot PM Prepcast Team.

Passed the PMP exam on first try 6 years 10 months ago #10871

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Rafael,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Passed the PMP exam on first try 6 years 10 months ago #10873

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
I agree with #5. Eat before. I brought a snack that was in the locker but didn't have the time to leave during the exam to eat it. Maybe I'm slower than most people, but I didn't have time to be leaving mid exam as some people do. I'm glad I had breakfast!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login