fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP Exam Today (4P,1MP) 1st Trial

Passed the PMP Exam Today (4P,1MP) 1st Trial 6 years 10 months ago #10697

• Mahmoud Altayeb
  • Mahmoud Altayeb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear All,

I cant describe how I feel.

I have spent the last 3 months studying everyday 6 hours at least. I was extremely determine to pass the exam and not allowing anything to disturb my study plan.

Today, I passed the Exam scoring 4M and 1MP. The feeling of achievement made me almost cry.

anyways, enough with the drama haha

Here is my advice to anyone who is preparing for the exam.
1) Read the PMBOK ( skim through it the first time).
2)Read Rita ( exteremly helpful to help you understand the bigger picture of each knowledge area)
3) Read Rita Again to fully understand each topic
4) focus on PMBOK since the exam is based on it. read it as many as you can.
5) Do not memorize the ITTO, instead understand how they work and why.
6) Practice as many mock exams as you can, in my case I truly believe PM Prepcast 9 exam bundle is sufficient and a MUST.

I read Rita 3 times and PMBOK 4 times.

It almost felt like I was using my tuition to answer the questions. I did not really follow a mechanism or a way of thinking to solve the questions. The answers came Naturally. I believe this is because I read the books so many times that the knowledge in the book became logical to me as opposed to following a structural approach.

Read the books as many times as you can, and you will pass. The PMP is not difficult if you truly understand what each knowledge area, processes are about.

Special Thank you for PM Prepcast, your questions have helped me ensure my success in the exam.

Passed the PMP Exam Today (4P,1MP) 1st Trial 6 years 10 months ago #10743

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Mahmoud,

Congratulations on passing the exam. Thank you for taking the time to share your lessons learned and experience on the forum. Best of luck to you as a newly certified PMP.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Passed the PMP Exam Today (4P,1MP) 1st Trial 6 years 10 months ago #10748

• Gail Freedman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Congratulations Mahmoud!

Thank you so much for sharing what worked for you to help those on the forum. Best wishes for every success as a PMP.

Best regards,
Gail
Gail Freedman, MBA, PMP, CSM
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login