fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on first attempt May 4th

Passed PMP on first attempt May 4th 6 years 11 months ago #10536

• Aimu. K
  • Aimu. K's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

I took the PMP exam on May 4th, and fortunately passed it!

A lots of people already shared their strategies here and I followed some of them.
Things I can share from my own experience would be following:

[Preparation]
1. Learn pattern / tendencies on ITTOs
I once thought it's actually possible to memorise all ITTOs but it's not effective. As all others suggest, you shouldn't memorise it, but learn the concept.
While you learn the concept, you start seeing the pattern or tendencies. (i.e. Usually Work Performance Data gets Work performance Info in Control process, Project Management plan is usually input to Control process group etc)

2. Learn with prep cast, then read PMBOK
This only applies if you’re like me who learns more by seeing than just reading.
For me, reading PMBOK first would have been difficult to understand if I hadn't had videos like prep cast.

3. Know your weak area
Knowing where is your weak area, is important for effective study. Some find difficult in specific process group, some other find difficult in some type of questions.
Thanks to Exam Simulator, I was able to focus on my weak process group area.

4. Focus on Planning/Executing/Monitoring & Control area
As you already know, those 3 area consists of most of exam. If you manage to answer those area with confidence, the chance to pass exam will be simply higher.
My last week focus was those areas only to push up scores as much as I could.

[In the exam]
1. Use Language aid if available
This only applies whichever language aid is available. I am native Japanese and I was confident enough to take exam with all English. But I though it's better to have JP language aid so I applied with it. It turned out the greatest help in my exam. In the actual exam. you are under the pressure, and there is always noise around you. In that circumstance, being able to read questions & answers in your native language really helps.

2. Read PMBok for your own language
Again, this doesn't apply to all. However, if you have chance to do it, I strongly recommend to do it. At least it helped me to understand much quicker and easier after I read PMBOK in EN.

I hope this helps future exam takers.

Passed PMP on first attempt May 4th 6 years 11 months ago #10540

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Thanks and Congratulations!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login