fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP exam on 12 April 2017, first attempt, with 4 Ps and 1 MP

Passed my PMP exam on 12 April 2017, first attempt, with 4 Ps and 1 MP 7 years 2 weeks ago #10382

• Eva Borvala Szabo
  • Eva Borvala Szabo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
I prepared for the exam with the help of PM PrepCast, and the PMP Exam Simulator. I allowed myself quite a lot of time, alltogether 8 months to prepare. In the first half year, I watched the videos from the PrepCast in parallel with reading Rita's preparation book. I tried to memorize the table with the 47 processes in the 10 knowledge areas quite early, so by the time I went to the exam, I did not even have to draw it, it was all before me visually in my mind.
In the last 2-3 months, I started to do the Exam Simulator tests, as well as the other free tests available on the internet. This was a very important part of my preparation, not only making the test, but also correcting, reading the detailed explanation of the correct reply, and taking notes of all the gaps in my knowledge. I also used the PMBOK guide a lot to look for specific topics and questions.
Don't worry, you do not have to learn all ITTOs to pass the exam, you need to go through all of them though, and understand the importance of each and every item. The most important is to understand the logic in the whole PMP method.
At the exam, I used the marking function quite a lot. I finished answering all questions after 2 and a half hour (that was also my average time to finish prepartion tests with 200 questions), and I took ahlf an hour to go through the marked ones once again. After that, I pushed the finish button, and I passed :))
Good luck with your exam,
Eva

Passed my PMP exam on 12 April 2017, first attempt, with 4 Ps and 1 MP 7 years 2 weeks ago #10386

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congratulations!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login