fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt (3P and 2M)

Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt (3P and 2M) 7 years 3 weeks ago #10342

• Corinne Cobbel
  • Corinne Cobbel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I just passed my exam last week and wanted to encourage everyone who is still studying.
I took a 35h course, did all PrepCast simulator exams and studied in detail parts of the PMBOK (the part related to my weakest score). It took me around 20h by week for two month. Everyday I tried to review somthing to keep the vecabulary and concept in mind.
According to the statistic of PrepCast simulator, I scored on the different domains between 78% and 83%. I thought I was ready and I was.
In the real exam, I found the questions shorter with fewer contexts and a lot of “choose the best answer” or “what do you have to do first”. Only a few questions with calculation. No direct ITTO questions but some related.
I was not sure of a lot of answers :)
Also in my case because English is not my native language I had chosen to have the French translation, maybe it was a mistake because in the exam, the translation come first but you can not click on the translated answer, you have to click on the English below and you have to scroll to see all the English parts (Question and answer). Anyway I had studied in English so I didn’t know the vocabulary in French. I think I read only 2 questions in French to be sure of the meaning in English, In retrospective it was more confusing than helping and to have to scroll down was also confusing and time consuming.
I had to read 2 or 3 times a lot of questions and wasted a lot of time. After 3h in the exam, I had still 75 questions to answer and some to review.
I did not panic but I thought that I was going to fail. I tried to concentrate more and let my instinct take over. I finished with 4mn to spare and was able to review 2 marked questions that I had specially noted.
I was able to trust my instinct because I did all the 9 PrepCast simulator exams (1800 questions), so thank you PrepCast, it took time to do them and correct them properly but it was worth it.
Also It's a good preparation to stay 4h without any interruption or distraction or food or drink (You have to go out of the room to drink or eat but time doesn't stop). Don't underestimate this, the real exam is exhausting and you have to prepare for that.
Good luck everybody.
Corinne

Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt (3P and 2M) 7 years 3 weeks ago #10344

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Corinne,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and posting your lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you to prepare and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login