fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Passed first attempt - April. 08, 2017 - 3 Ps and 2 MPs

PMP Passed first attempt - April. 08, 2017 - 3 Ps and 2 MPs 7 years 1 month ago #10306

• Venkata Surya Sagi
  • Venkata Surya Sagi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Everyone,

I've just passed the PMP exam today with 3P's & 2MP's

First of all, I'd like to say BIG thank you to Cornelius and his team. No doubt, PM Prep Cast played a significant role in my success!!

Preparation time: 4 months
Learning material: PMBOK 5 & Rita Mulcahy 7 (Yes, old version. Amazon played a trick on me sending old version for 50% discount).
I read PMBOK 3 times and Rita 2 times and PrepCast 1 time. (listened couple of interesting areas twice)

Exams Taken:
PMP Exam PrepCast Simulator 1-9 : 75%, 81%, 83.5%, 81%, 79.5%, 82%, 80%, 79.5% and ITTO's 90.5%
Rita Mulchay Simulator Exam – 74% and 82%
PMStudy.com Full Length Exam - 78%
Izendbridge: 100 questions : 84%
Master Project academy: 81% and 84% (Paid)
EduHubSpot: 76% (Paid)
Exam Central: 84%, 88%
Oliver lehmann: 75 questions (68%) , 175 (72%)
Tried several other free questions that are available online.
However, I relied completely on PM PrepCast just due to ease of reviewing and tracking performance. Explanations provided at the bottom of each question are crystal clear and totally made sense.

Exam Day:
Reached venue 45 min earlier, thanks to "No traffic" small city Regina:). completed formalities at the Prometric center and ready to take the exam.
First 30 min was confusing. Am I in for the right exam. Is It PMP?? Just answered 20 questions which I have no clue. Questions were cleverly written and answers made no sense at all. Confidence through drain. I am wondering how the rest of exam will be? Then realized this could be those difficult "No Mark" questions. Made little self motivation talk and continued. Guess what, 2 hours completed answered 99 questions. Not bad. Continued exam, No breaks till end of 200Q, Yes this is what I trained myself for last 4 months. Good chunk of second half questions came from Contract Mgmt, SH Mgmt, Quality Mgmt and HR Mgmt. Finished exam with just 1 min left. No reviews!! I prepared myself to give the best at first shot!! Exam End. completed the survey and clicked end. Based on comments from previous exam takers, I was expecting that the screen will go blank for 15 to 16 Sec. No, it just popped right away " Congratulations on Passing PMP Exam". So happy to watch it. Hard work Pays off!!

I would like to thank Mr. Mark Wuenscher PMP for his support and motivation. I would like to also thank all the individuals who patiently responded to my questions on this forum.
Last suggestion to all exam takers, Make a plan and stick to it. YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Cheers!
Venkata Surya Sagi PMP
Last edit: by Venkata Surya Sagi.

PMP Passed first attempt - April. 08, 2017 - 3 Ps and 2 MPs 7 years 4 weeks ago #10312

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Congratulations and Thanks for sharing your lessons learned.

Note: I will move the topic to the lessons learned forum.
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Venkata Surya Sagi
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login