fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on first try! 3 P's 2 MP's. (Taken March 22)

Passed PMP on first try! 3 P's 2 MP's. (Taken March 22) 7 years 1 month ago #10094

• Jennifer Lyons
  • Jennifer Lyons's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
B)
I am so excited to announce that I passed my PMP exam on my first try today! The test went much smoother than I expected. My process and tips:
- Watched all of Cornelius' Prep Cast videos and took the assessments at the end of each section. Watched at 2x the speed on my mobile device. It was easier for me to stay focused at this speed.
-Joined PMI, and reviewed pdf of the PMBOK Guide 5th edition for concepts I needed additional help with (functional vs. matrix structures, formulas)
-Took 3 practice exams via PMP Prep Cast in the 3 weeks leading up to the exam. Then a number of timed, 10-question quizzes the week before the exam.
-The exam was VERY situation based. I wish I spent less time with the ITTO's and focused more understanding process flows. I encountered lots of questions on "What process should a PM do next?" or "What process might the PM have skipped?"
-Encountered a surprisingly large amount of questions on conducting and closing pronouncements. Please keep in mind that each exam is different, but I was surprised with how many questions asked what a PM should do if a seller does x,y, or z? Mental references to the Procurement Management videos were very helpful for me.

I will definitely recommend PM Prep Cast for future students! I feel without the videos, this would have been a much more daunting task.

Passed PMP on first try! 3 P's 2 MP's. (Taken March 22) 7 years 1 month ago #10103

• Venkata Surya Sagi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Jennifer Congratulations!!
Thanks for your LL. I am few weeks away from exam.
what would be your final tips? and also please share your scores for last 3 practice exams.

Thanks,
Venkata

Passed PMP on first try! 3 P's 2 MP's. (Taken March 22) 7 years 1 month ago #10119

• Jennifer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Venkata Sagi wrote: Jennifer Congratulations!!
Thanks for your LL. I am few weeks away from exam.
what would be your final tips? and also please share your scores for last 3 practice exams.

Thanks,
Venkata

HI Venkata-
My scores on the practice tests ranged from 71-79%. My final tips would be to use the Quizzes as you get close to your exam date. I structured the quizzes based on the areas I needed extra help, and kept the quiz to under 30 questions each. This kept me more engaged with each question and let me optimize time.

Passed PMP on first try! 3 P's 2 MP's. (Taken March 22) 7 years 1 month ago #10124

• Venkata Surya Sagi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Jennifer,

Appreciate your quick reply and valuable inputs.

Thanks,
Venkata
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login