fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PASSED PMP ON THE FIRST TRY ON 3/18/2017.

PASSED PMP ON THE FIRST TRY ON 3/18/2017. 7 years 1 month ago #10052

• Tayo Adedeji
  • Tayo Adedeji's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I started the PMP journey by taking an online class at my local Community College from August to December of 2016, it was a no way to prepare for the exam. After deciding to take the exam,I submitted my application on January 31st got approval 6 days latter. The application process was quite smooth, NO AUDIT. Special thanks to Mark Wuenscher, for his guidance on my project descriptions, and Michael DeCicco on my questions regarding qualifying for the PMP.
I had brief spells of lack of motivation due to life factors, but refocused in February once I set the exam date for March 18th, by reading and listening to motivational materials.I am a lover of Jesus Christ.
Starting from February 7th, I studied for an average of 4 hours per day, which increased to an average of 6 hrs per day ten days to the exam, this time includes taking the exam. Read Rita's book 8th edition rigorously twice, then perused and referenced several times over (maybe 10 or more)to refresh my memory.I scanned through the PMBOK a few times, used Ricardo Vargas process guide. Phone apps used include, pm mentor, eduhubspot, among others. I practiced the Ritas process games daily online at aamirafridi.com. Tried a a whole range of free practice questions but was getting between 63% to 71%, that was quite discouraging.
List of free sample questions tried
1 Oliver Lehmann (Online) 75Q 66%
2 HeadFirst PMP® Mock Exam 200Q. 71%
3 PM Exam Simulator (Free 7-day Trial) 63%
4 Simplilearn Free PMP® Mock Exam200Q. 63.5%
5 Oliver Lehmann (Downloadable PDF) 175Q 68%
6 Edwel Mock Exam 75Q don't remember score %
7. Practiced over 1000 free questions on ProjectManagement.com.
I had to restrategize to improve my score, as the exam date was fast approaching. I listened to youtube videos by IZENBRIDGE, it helped clarify a lot. I invested in the PM Simulator 10 days to the exam, could only complete 5 of the exam with the following scores, 70,73.5,75,73 and 75. I made up my mind that I was going to pass the exam the first time, So I encouraged and kept myself motivated by literarily LIVING ON THE PM PREPCAST LESSONS LEARNED FORUM, and every other website that I could find where people shared their good experiences, reading encouraging feedback and learning from the few who did not make it. The simulator was a great help, as it provides very similar features to the actual exam. It helped build my confidence, and provided insight into how the diagrams and questions could be structured.By the fifth exam I took on the simulator I was averaging 3 and half hour on the exam. I answered all questions, answered and marked those I wasn't too sure about and came back to it and was still able to finish on time.

EXAM DAY AND LESSON LEARNED

A day to the exam, studied a little earlier during the day, perused all my materials and note, then motivated myself by listening to motivating materials, while doing my favorite pastime(cooking) then slept early at 8pm. Day of the exam woke up very early at 2.30 am to peruse my materials, completed my exercise routine then headed to the exam center at about an hour way. Was scheduled for 8am, got to the center a few to 7, exam center opened 7am. I was able to start as earlier than scheduled. I didn't do a brain dump because by this time, I had a pretty good recollection of the formulas, processes off heart because I had read them, over and over again, some people might need to brain dump because we are different, just know what works for you. Memorizing the ITTO is not necessary, just know how the process works and you should find it doable to piece it together on the exam. Had a bathroom break halfway though for 4 minutes, no hassles checking in, just had to go through the process again I answered the 200th question with 15 seconds left on the exam, layed my head on the table and prayed, wasn't sure about passing at this point and was overtly nervous at this juncture because of the lack of time, but was glad to see congratulations on my screen, 3MP,2BP. GET THE PREPCAST EXAM SIMULATOR if you can, and stick to it, and give yourself enough time to practice all the questions, avoid all these free materials out there as some them could be confusing and demotivating. I did the flash cards, but didn't really use them. HAVE A CAN DO ATTITUDE. The ultimate thanks goes to GOD, I am now PMP certified, unto the next thing.Thanks to PM prep-cast website for the guidance and material, hence i had to write this as a way of giving back, hope this helps someone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ubong Ikpe

PASSED PMP ON THE FIRST TRY ON 3/18/2017. 7 years 4 weeks ago #10071

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats again! I said it yesterday, but it must have gotten lost. If you saw my response already, I'd say take it as I'm doubly excited for you!
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tayo Adedeji
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login