fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on 25th Feb

Passed PMP on 25th Feb 7 years 2 months ago #9891

• Joby Samuel
  • Joby Samuel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed my PMP Certification with 2P and 3MP on 2/25/2017. I want to share my experience because some of the blogs and forum post helped me and give confidence

My First Certification Preparation
I first started my PMP preparation in 2015 and completed PMPBOK once fully. My application was accepted and I even paid for the Certification but didn’t schedule the exam because I found it difficult and lost interest. I didn’t have study plan and also I studied what each ITTO meant but didn’t study which ITTO belong to which process because I thought it was not important.

My 2nd Certification Preparation
I started to prepare for PMP from last week of Nov 2016. I read few blogs and forum post and understood how much it was to study ITTO and understand which process it belongs to logically. I prepared a study and used

• PMPBOK guide: Studied once and then revised it again
• Andy Crowe’s Prep Book: Studied once as I completed one chapter in the PMBOK guide
• OSP Prepcast: Watched videos of chapters which I found difficult or scored less in mock exams
• I also google searched for concepts of topics as I was taking the mock test

Study Plan
As I mentioned above studied PMPBOK once fully and referred Andy Crowe’s Prep Book as I completed one chapter in the PMBOK guide.
Used OSP Prepcast to watched videos of chapters which I found difficult or scored less in mock exams and searched for concepts of topics as I was taking the mock test

ITTOs: Studying ITTOs is very important. First I got familiar with process map and then I studied ITTOs first when I started each knowledge area chapter. Tried to understand what the outputs are for each process and then I tried to understand the inputs and tools/ techniques. I wrote the ITTO’s without any referring the book. Then I studied the PMPBOK guide and Prep Book. I also repeated the exercise to write the ITTOs of previous chapters as I was progressing

I prepared two spreadsheets (similar to Process maps) and then in the next column I had the input (example: OPA or EEF or OPA/ EEF, similarly PD Updated or PM Plan Updates or both) and colored it. Now I was able to visualize it and understand which process excluded and the pattern
- Operational Process Assets/ Enterprise Environmental Factors as input
- Project Document Updates/ Project Management Plan Updates as output

Mock Exams
I completed 8 mock exams in OSP Prepcast. I had 3 scores in 80s (less than 84%) and 5 scores in 70s (more than 78% except my first test – 74%)
I also tried few free mock exams and had scores between 75% to 80%. I attended a total of 15 mock tests. I reviewed the answers of all questions after the test, not just the incorrect answers
OSP Prepcast Simulator: I liked OSP Prepcast because they give an explanation for correct and incorrect choices for most of the questions. I didn’t find this in other sites. I also received quick feedback for questions that I needed clarifications
Mock test helped me to understand how long I was taking to answer 200 questions. I realized that I cannot dump the ITTOs as I wouldn’t have time for it

Final exam
I submitted my application as I started taking my mock exams and then scheduled the Final exam within two weeks as my application was approved (required 3 months of preparation)
I found the test difficult at first, marked most of the first 50 questions, then I found it easier than the first 50. I had 15 minutes to review the marked questions and completed just in time
Taking Break – Plan for your break (take breaks even during mock exams). You cannot make a quick dash to restroom or water break. You need to sign out and then when you come back you need to sign in and go through security check again. In my case, the restroom was far away in the building

With Regards
Joby Samuel

Passed PMP on 25th Feb 7 years 2 months ago #9895

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Joby Samuel,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and posting your detailed lessons learned.

I remember valuable inputs you submitted through our simulator LiveFeedback™ support feature. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare and pass your exam.

Now it’s time to celebrate your success. Don't forget to start earning your PDU’s.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login