fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam passed on first attempt in Frankfurt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam passed on first attempt in Frankfurt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 4 months ago #12397

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi :)
Hope you are doing fine and Congratulations on passing your PMP exam (y) :). I am thinking about to take my exam in Frankfurt too, as in my country there are no paper-based exams :(. So as I am going to stay in a hotel there, and I am not familiar with the area I wonder where in Frankfurt I can take a paper-based exam? And also, I wonder can I become PMI member now and order PMP 6 if I am going to take an exam during summer, or is it better to become a member in summer as well? Should I take PMP classes or is it better to go ahead with PMP book at the beginning as well?

If you don't mind can you please answer me to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thank you so much!
7 years 1 week ago #9988

Lesa-Anne Hillen

Hello Florent

thanks a lot for your review. Which hotel did you stay at? Thanks for your answer.

Best Regards
Lesa-Anne
7 years 3 weeks ago #9894

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Florent d'Haultfoeuille,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. Don't forget to start earning your PDU’s.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
7 years 4 weeks ago #9881

Venkata Surya Sagi

Congratulations!!! and Thanks for sharing your plan

Regards,
Venkata
7 years 1 month ago #9868

Florent d'Haultfoeuille

Hi Everyone,
on the 8th of February I passed my PMP Exam on the first attempt :).
I took the Exam near Frankfurt, Germany. So if you need any tipp on how to reach there let me know!
The place is a standard computer based exam center with either friendly nor unfriendly personnel. As long as you stick to the rules, you are good to go! The location was OK since you can find restaurants and a hotel 10 away by foot.
I took my Exam on a wednesday so the test centre was empty. I would therefore recommend to avoid taking the test on mondays and fridays where most of the candidates take an appointment. Less people taking the test at the same time means less stress for the personnel and therefore less stress for you.
I arrived the previous day and stayed at the hotel. It was only 10 minutes away by foot so I could see the centre on the day of my arrival and knew where to go to on the day of the exam. All of this to avoid unnecessary stress.

The exam itself is not difficult if you studied regularly before and took mock exams. I personnally "only" took the exams form the PM Prepcast and the 10 mock exams of the Simulator. And believe me it is enough!

I studied as follow :
- watch 2-3 lessons of the PM Prepcast everyday, took notes and made a summary on the next day
-At the end of each Chapter took the 15 questions test
- Only after I finished all the lessons I took the PMI Membership and printed the PMBOK Guide
- I read the PMBOK Guide once, marked the important parts or the ones I didn't really understand and re-read the book a second time (one chapter per day)
- FInally 10 days before the exam I took one test per day from the simulator. Basically I started the test at 8am until 11h15 (you don't necessary need the 4 hours) and from 1pm till 5pm I reviewed my weak areas. (I was lucky enough to be able to take holidays)
Each time I reached a score between 80 and 89%.

I took my time to study and didn't overdo it, I know for me it is better, you should know how you want to learn.
It took me 6 months to do what I described above but I only studied on week-days, and took holidays in between during which I didn't study either. I kept doing sports, and meeting friends. All you need is motivation and discipline :)

I hope my testimonial could help and if you are still learning or taking the exam soon I wish you good luck :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login