fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Cleared PMP on 19.01.2017 First try 4 MP, 1 P

Cleared PMP on 19.01.2017 First try 4 MP, 1 P 7 years 2 months ago #9842

• Rajesh Rv
  • Rajesh Rv's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Passed PMP on 19.01.2017 in first attempt with 4MP & 1P! Whole heartedly I could announce that Prepcast exams were the crucial aid for achieving this goal. Let me quickly share my experience of the journey.
I started preparing for PMP on August 2015, went for coaching class, but lost the enthusiasm in proceeding due to the nature of a job assignment which called for frequent travel. Again I re-started my endeavour on September 2016.
Methodology of study:
1. Altogether went through PMBOK three times.
2. Went through Rita cover to cover, 2 times.
3. Took a past project which I did and applied the processes in the project. It really helped me!
Practice tests:
4. After going through PMOBK once I got the Oliver Lehman 75 questions through net, which was the first mock test I tried. Got 58.8%! Imagine the mind set I had after the test. Took the test after 3 months (one week before test) and got 73%
5. Purchased Prep cast and tried all the 9 tests (difficulty level comparable to actual tests). Results are as follows:
1 st test- 72%
2nd test- 83%
3rd test- 79%
4th test-79%
5th test- 85%
6th test-83%
7th test-85%
8th test-83%
9th test- 91% (ITTO)
After 4 tests, slowly self confidence was built up that I would get more than 80% in the remaining tests. Moreover the settings (Previous question, Next question, Marked etc…) are exactly the same as that of the actual exam. My sincere advise, practice all the 9 tests by keeping the timeframe. Also, go through the answers and explanations (even if they are correct) thoroughly.

6. Oliver Lehman 175 questions (harder than actual test) 70%
7. PM study 175 questions (difficulty level comaprable to actual test) 78%
8. Edwell 100 questions 77%
9. Exam central 78%

Youtube videos:
Watched iZenbridge videos, so useful and informative.

On the day of Exam:
1. Reached centre 40 minutes prior to exam. Couldn’t get a parking nearby, please watch out for these risks and include it in the risk register.
2. Very important: Preparation of dumb sheets before the commencement of test is not allowed!! Please be careful. However, personally I was not very much worried as I couldn’t find it very helpful (purely my perspective).
3. The tensed mind was not allowing to recollect anything for the first 10 questions; was just reading the questions like a dumb. However, slowly started getting the grip of exam.
4. No ditto questions from any of the mock tests, but similarities observed.
5. Questions are not extensively long, but highly highly situational.
6. Concentrate on the quality tools and understand them very well. Got few questions from them.
7. I could get many questions on EVM and Critical path, easy ones but ate my time a lot.
8. My strategic plan was if the questions are very long, then mark and proceed otherwise do it and then move on. My questions were of second category, so cleared and proceeded.
9. After 20-30 questions, please look at the watch. I slipped it in between and so had to rush at the end. Completed only by 3 hours 45 minutes. Got barely 15 minutes for review.
10. No direct questions on Input output but have an idea on Tools and techniques. Many questions came.
11. Out of the 200 questions, most repeated words were “risk” & “stake holder”.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Cleared PMP on 19.01.2017 First try 4 MP, 1 P 7 years 1 month ago #9896

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Rajesh Rv,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and posting your detailed lessons learned.

We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login