fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my exam on 16th Feb

Passed my exam on 16th Feb 7 years 1 month ago #9829

• Vignesh Kalyanasundaram
  • Vignesh Kalyanasundaram's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear All,

I feel very happy in letting everyone know that I cleared my exam on 16th February on my First attempt. I used PMPrepcast podcast as well as Simulator and it was very useful. I got the complement package from Shiv Shenoy as well as part of the package purchase (More details: pmexamsmartnotes.com/review-pm-prepcast-coupon-gift-certificate-free-bonuses-and-discount/ ) which I found very useful. Prior to watching Cornelius videos, I read Rita fully once which helped me immensely to grasp the concepts immediately. I saw Saket Bansal's videos as well which helped me immensely and Fahad Usmani’s website (pmstudycircle.com/) also explains concepts in a very simple manner which I made use of.

Exam experience:

On the day of the exam, I just took one bar chocolate and lemon juice before entering the exam hall. It was nerve-wracking for me and I settled in slowly. For the first 1 hour, I did just 35 questions but I was confident that soon I will gain the momentum and can make it at the end. I didn’t take any break and when I completed my exam I had less than a minute remaining. When I finished my survey I saw the “Congratulations” message and that feel cannot be expressed !!

Take away for aspirants:

- Pick the material which suits you well, be it Rita, Headfirst, PMPrepcast or that of Kim Heldman. But stick to 1 and follow PMBOK later. Too many materials may drag time and make you lose your momentum.

- For each chapter this may work for you:
Shiv’s blueprint+ your selected material + PMBOK. If you do not understand any concepts please search for Saket Bansal’s videos and it will make things pretty clear and it is a great resource. Fahad Usmani’s website also explains concepts in a very simple manner and can refer if you have any doubts.

- Practice more 4 hours test that way you can manage time well and could avoid last minute surprises. My result had 2P & 3MP, had I practiced more 4 hours mock maybe I could have scored Proficient across all domains. The problem with my test was that I marked at least 15-20 questions for review but didn’t review even single question. So practice more and come out with flying colors !!

Best Wishes,
Vignesh
Last edit: by Rochelle Martinez.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login