fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP Exam on 14-Feb-2017 in first attempt. A Big Thank you to the PMP-Exam Simulator

Passed the PMP Exam on 14-Feb-2017 in first attempt. A Big Thank you to the PMP-Exam Simulator 7 years 1 month ago #9805

• Soumya Shetty
  • Soumya Shetty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I just wanted to share this news with the Prep-cast team and the Exam Simulator team that I wouldn't have cleared the exam without the help of these study materials. I didnt take any classroom and formal training to prepare for this exam. I have Project management experience and I took the 35-hour training course provided by PMP- prep cast which helped in earning the learning hours. Along with that I watched the Prep-cast videos and studied from Rita PMBOK guide in my own convenience and in 2 last weeks I took the mock exams on the PMP Exam Simulator and reviewed the incorrect answers after every exam.

I really think these PMP- Exam simulators are very good and helps boosting up your confidence. Most importantly it helps you to time your questions and a gives you a real exam feeling. For those who are preparing for the PMP exam, below are my tips:
1. Understand the concepts while reading through these chapters, dont try to memorize but focus on understanding the concepts. PMBOK guide by RIta is great way to understand the concepts. For people like me who prefer videos, the PMP-prep cast videos are good and the sample questions towards the end of each chapter helps in revising what you just learned.
2. PMP- Sample exams are the best way to prepare for the exam once you have gone through all the Knowledge Area chapters. Yes the questions are not same as what you will see on the exams, but it will give you an idea about situational questions and how to answer them. I found the situational questions are pretty close to what I saw in the exams.
3. My biggest fear about the exam was the Input and Output questions. In the practice exams I noticed there were too many questions on this topics and i was having hard time memorizing them, but I was much relieved when I realized that I didnt even got a single question on Input/output in the PMP exam. So I feel in many way the Simulator exam questions are a little tougher, but will definitely help you to boost up your confidence. If you are consistently scoring above 70% and reviewing the answers for the incorrect ones, you will be fine in your actual exam.

Good luck!
Soumya
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khaled Abulfotooh, Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Passed the PMP Exam on 14-Feb-2017 in first attempt. A Big Thank you to the PMP-Exam Simulator 7 years 1 month ago #9807

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Soumya,

Thanks for posting your lessons learned and exam experience. Congratulations on passing the exam. Good luck to you as a new PMP.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login