fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: OMG !! I am a PMP

OMG !! I am a PMP 7 years 2 months ago #9803

• Senthilkumar Pachai
  • Senthilkumar  Pachai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I passed the PMP Exam on 16th Feb 2017.

Preparation Time: I underwent to 35 contact hours in 2015 December. More than 12 months. Started with Head First – Studied only once. I have started Rita Mulcahy which is really good to understand the concepts in a detailed way - I studied cover to cover for twice.
PMBOK: Starting, it was a good sleeping pill. When I completed Rita and start reading PMBOK, it was giving me a good grip on the solid project management concepts. Over the period of time Sleeping Pill became an energy tonic for me to stay connect with PMBOK – I read PMBOK cover to cover more than thrice.

I familiar with all 47 process flow diagrams/refined data model/Difference between PM plans and project documents - I used to draw all process flow diagram and I haven’t memorized any ITTO’s (Priazon YouTube gave a good understanding of Mainline concepts). I used to apply Plan-Do-Check-Act as a tool for my study preparation. When I complete the full mock exam and I use to go through the wrongly answered question and use to analyses the reasons.

YouTube Videos:- iZenBridge free Video – (Mr.Saket), Learnt lots of concepts from his video only and I have gone through all his video in iZenBridge(Highly Recommendable to view and enjoy his energetic orations). Other YouTube – Praizion/PassionatePM/CBT Nuggets/SirGanttalot/Engineer4Free(Network Diagram)/PMChamp and some PMI conference videos.

Other Reference Book: Andy Crowe and KIM Heldman.
Supplementary: After completion of two rounds of Rita and PMBOK. I purchased “Earn Your PMP Certification” from Udemy for 15USD with good discount and got 35 Contact hours again and got completion certification – I loved Joseph Phillips lectures

Blogs/Groups: I use to follow all threads in “I want to be a PMP” in LinkedIn. I use to visit other blogs as well - PMzilla, PM Study Circle, Deep Fried Brain, iZenbridge and PM Precast discussion forum.
Free Mock Exams: IzenBridge/PM Aspire/PM Zilla/PM Challenge/Oliver F Leman/Just PMP/PMStudy/Exam Central/Simplilearn/Headfirst/PM Zest + Rita 400 questions
Paid Mock Exams: Prep Cast – Attended all mock exams including ITTO and scored 95% in ITTO Exam – Because of the process flow diagram understanding and practices andPM Zilla – 200 Tough Questions.

Free Consulting –Before my exam, iZenBridge Mr.Saket scheduled a Hangout session and gave his feedback and dispelled my doubts and weakness. However, I haven’t enrolled any course with him.

Final Day (PMP) ®: A week ago, I visited a Prometric center and taken a help from staff – with regard to ID card and clarified some rudimentary doubts. 16th Feb 2017 morning 8 clock slots, I arrived one hour before and relaxed myself: I said myself (“Clam-down, Calm-down – You can do it, PMI accepted your application and you’re a professional PM who understood PM concepts from PMI perspective and did 2000+ mock questions.” )Question entirely different from mock and highly situational (90%) and tricky but I didn’t lose my self-confidence and positive energy. I was deeply focusing on exam questions and related with PMBOK and every 20 question I used to take a deep breath and relaxed.
I managed my time very well and I have taken two breaks because mock exam helps me to manage the timings. I have completed the exam before 15 minutes and utilized that buffer time for the review. When the final moment I clicked (Flip coin- I decided if I pass let me celebrate, if I fail I will get one more opportunity to read PMBOK again- I got congratulations message on my screen to celebrate
I thank my almighty god and I want to express my sincere gratitude to my wife who gave a consistent support to achieve PMP certification.

For PMP Aspirants:
Be positive – You can do it. If you believe you can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP

OMG !! I am a PMP 7 years 2 months ago #9806

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Senthilkumar,

Congrats on passing the exam!! Very happy for you. Thanks for posting an extensive lessons learned and exam experience. Much appreciated. Best of luck to you as a new PMP.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

OMG !! I am a PMP 7 years 1 month ago #9832

• Senthilkumar Pachai
  • Senthilkumar  Pachai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks, Mark. I thank Maricel(PM Help Desk) who assist me for Prepcast simulator and gave a grace period extension to access a prepcast for 5 days more. Thanks Maricel for your customer-centric approach and great PM help desk :-)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login