fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam today (Feb 4th, first try)

Passed PMP exam today (Feb 4th, first try) 7 years 3 months ago #9736

• Tatiana Abramova
  • Tatiana Abramova's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hoorray, it's over!:)

Passed today with 3 Proficient and 2 Moderately Proficient. The exam was not easy, and it took about an hour for me to get used to the different question style (comparing to the simulator). Calculation was not hard at all; as for topics, there was a lot about change mgt and schedule mgt .
Advice that helped me the most: Do not look for the one and only correct answer, look for the best answer possible. This is indeed a key!

Time and materials. I was lucky to have chance for full-time study, usually about 7-8 hrs daily (and a free weekends)
5 weeks for PM Prepcast to receive 35 hrs: best time ever, thanks again Cornelius and the team for the amazing product!
3 weeks with PMBOK + Rita's book
3 weeks with PMP Exam Simulator - starting from 78%, and other 5 were 82-84%
One thing I did not expect - application took way more than I thought - about three weeks to prepare, approve with my managers, and submit.

That was fantastic adventure:). Thank you to everyone who helped me with exam preparation and good luck to the future PMP's!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Passed PMP exam today (Feb 4th, first try) 7 years 3 months ago #9741

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Tatiana,

Congratulations on passing the exam!! Very happy for you. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and lessons learned on the forum. Best of luck to you as a newly certified project manager.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tatiana Abramova
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login