fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP application audit "not passed"--insufficient description

PMP application audit "not passed"--insufficient description 7 years 2 months ago #9715

• Sam Guffey
  • Sam Guffey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
When applying for the PMP credential, my first audit was "not passed" due to inadequate description of my PM experience. It is hard to say much in 550 characters, so don't waste time with technical information. Focus on using PMI terminology as succinctly as possible to demonstrate that you actually managed the process groups for which you listed experience hours.
FYI, my audit was not failed, it was "not passed" or "unable to pass at this time." PMI encouraged me to resubmit with a more clear description to demonstrate the required experience, so I will be resubmitting with a carefully worded description section.

Cheers,
Sam

PMP application audit "not passed"--insufficient description 7 years 2 months ago #9776

• Samuel Guffey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
PMI's guidance on how to fulfill the description in fewer characters:
PMI requires that qualified PMP candidates:

* Perform their duties under general supervision and are responsible for all aspects of the project for the life of the project
* Lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources
* Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to appropriately apply a methodology to projects that have reasonably well-defined project requirements and deliverables.

Project descriptions should be documented clearly enough to ascertain whether or not the projects documented truly are projects (please refer to PMBOK®Guide, 5th Edition, Section 3.2).

Further, project descriptions should consist of the following:

* A brief, one-sentence project objective
* Project deliverables summarized by process areas (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing - abbreviations are acceptable IN, PL, EX, MC & CL)
* A brief, one-sentence project outcome

Project descriptions should be a high level summary of the tasks you led and directed on the project (e.g. Initiating: develop project charter etc.; Planning: Scope definition etc.; and so on). Project management experience is required in each of the process areas when all projects are totaled, but not on each project. Project descriptions must be provided for all projects submitted on application.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login