fbpx

Reply: Failed PMP exam on my First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed PMP exam on my First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 month ago #19809

Anonymous

's Avatar

I feel your pain man, you had the exact same test experience I had today, was getting 80s on (project academy) online timed 200 question courses . Cycled through the entire study program and thousands of process and knowledge body tests. Hit the exam start and felt lost the first half of the test all situational and change order questions with multiple plausible answers. Been a project manager for 20 plus years and that didn’t help at all as well. Really need a situational simulator. Seemed as the test questions did not give you enough info to place you in the process or knowledge area. Left me assuming a lot. Let me know if you come across a good simulator. Don’t give up man. I’m signing up again for another exam before July when the pmp changes the pmbok & test again.
4 years 3 months ago #19315

ItWasBad

's Avatar

I did not use PreCast (I used Project Management Academy) and would agree with most of the responses. Here was my experience

So i took the test and it was awful. I scored very poorly on 3 of the 5 and below on another. Like one of the responders said, within 15 minutes I knew I would fail
.. a few thoughts.
1) This isn’t like any normal high school / college exam, there are no questions about ‘name this’ or straight up sort of test your knowledge. Most if not all questions are situational and a lot had terms i had never seen or answers that i had never heard of. Most seemed that you could argue 2 or 3 answers
2) There were less than 3 math questions
3) I swear there were 25 questions where the answer made sense to go with ‘do the change request process’, it felt like a catch all but you could always argue that could be right
4) I didn’t really do a brain dump on paper. I don’t think that would have helped
5) Memorizing / brain dumping actually to me wouldn’t help because just by having the processes written down in front of you doesn’t really help you if you don’t understand the intricacies of each of the processes.. the ITTO’s, etc.
6) Although I got my ass kicked, and kicked hard, i’m glad i did this because i think it will better help me prepare for the next time around…. .that leads me to ask you. What can i do to better prepare. I think I approached this like I did back in high school an college… that is to say memorizing factoids, trying to memorize the Process groups. I swear that doesn’t help you in this test.

People seem to suggest the simulator, has it worked?

Any advice would be great!
4 years 4 months ago #18870

Preet

's Avatar

I too studied from Rita's book but the questions given there are absurd. I think it is an overrated book.
I am now concentrating on PMBOK only
4 years 5 months ago #18608

Anonymous

's Avatar

I took the ExamsPM with Helena and failed in the first attempt.
4 years 7 months ago #18168

Anonymous

's Avatar

Could you please tell me which simulator you used? (1800+650 additional questions)
Thank you kindly
5 years 1 month ago #16515

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Reshma, unfortunately you need to perform mock exams steadily at 85%. The results show where you need improvement.

Cheers,
Feri

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login