fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt

Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9502

• Trusty123
  • Trusty123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi folks,

I just wanted to share my story how I prepared for the PMP exam. I passed it with 4MP and 1P.

First I got 35 PDUs through a university. The course gave me a good understanding of the PMI framework. Then I read Rita Mulcahy's book once and PMBOK once. I re-read some parts of the Rita book where I felt I needed to refresh my knowledge and also memorized all formulas. I also created a table of all processes with ITTOs and referenced it as I was reading the PMBOK. I took several practice tests online but not too many. I scored 71% at Lehmann's 175 question exam. I felt like the real PMP exam was easier than Lehmann's test but difficult anyways.

The new policy does not allow to write on the paper before the exam begins but I felt that brain dump was not really necessary. So I didn't bother creating it in the beginning of the exam. I used only 1 page of the given sheets for drawing critical path and calculating EVM.

Visualizing the processes was very helpful for me. I printed out all ITTOs from the PMBOK, cut them out and glued onto a huge sheet of paper in the same way the processes are presented on page 61 of the PMBOK. The only difference between my table and table in the PMBOK was that mine contained all ITTOs, so I could analyze what feeds what as I was reading the book. It really helped me understand the ITTOs. I hope this helps.

Wishing everyone good luck on the exam!

Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9504

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Trusty123,
Congratulations on your PMP Success.

Cheers.

Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9526

• Yasser El Kousy
  • Yasser El Kousy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations on your PMP Success.

:) :) :)

Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9527

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Trusty123,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam!

Thanks for sharing your lessons learned. I liked your way of studying the ITTO's. One of the big advantages that this forum provides is all those valuable tips and tricks for preparing and passing the exam.

Enjoy your new PMP® credentials and don't forget to start earning your PDU's.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login