fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: passed pmp 1st attempt

passed pmp 1st attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9425

• Paul Raymond Jimenez
  • Paul Raymond Jimenez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I took the pmp exam on 5th January 2017. Although I have completed my 35hrs last September it took me two months to finally apply for the pmp exam.

My route for PMP was quite difficult as I was working in a contracting company where fitting in some time to study was limited to doing quizzes during lunch breaks and dinner breaks. The whole process tested my will to manage time - a practical application of the management concepts.

The PM simulator and this forum was of great help. I had tons of references downloaded on the web but I mainly focused on the PMBok and Rita's. But they key was the simulators as it made me used to the situational questions and to identify key words. My first time simulator exam results were not quite impressive averaging only 70% - the highest being a 79% only. But I refused to be discouraged and carried on and reorganized my study plan in the final weeks to the exam. I focused to keep solid understanding of the ITTOs - no memorization just pure understanding of the logic and the sequences.

Thank you so much prepcast team and everybody in this forum!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP

passed pmp 1st attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9443

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Paul,
Congratulations for persevering and passing the PMP exam! Thanks for sharing your lessons learned.
Cheers,
Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login