fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on my Second Attempt

Passed PMP on my Second Attempt 7 years 2 months ago #9393

• Mahlet Tiruneh
  • Mahlet Tiruneh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Passed PMP exam on my second trial. I used Cornelius Fichtner both PrepCast and Exam simulator and had a short note while listening to the PrepCast to study.
I did all ( 8 ) four hours exam simulator except the ITTO and got more than 80 on all of them.

When I was taking it for the first time, I was nervous, worried and rushed about the time limit and answering the right answer instead of the best (usually you can easily remove the other two choices).

I felt really bad and decided to take it again in a week time knowing why I failed and thanks to my lesson learned I passed it on my second attempt.

1. The exam is situational.
2. Don't try to memorize the ITTO instead understand it.
3. Brain dump depends on the exam center. My first exam center let me do it during tutorial while the other center said No so I had to start my real exam and take 4-5 minutes to do it

Passed PMP on my Second Attempt 7 years 2 months ago #9396

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Mahlet,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam!

Thank you for sharing your lessons learned. As for the brain dump, I assume that when you took your exam for the first time, it was before the new rules came into power.

Anyway, what matters now is that you are the owner of the prestigious PMP credentials holders club.

Best of luck in all you future endeavors!
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Passed PMP on my Second Attempt 7 years 2 months ago #9397

• Mahlet Tiruneh
  • Mahlet Tiruneh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I took both Exams after the new rule came into power. (Dec. 21st and Dec. 28)

Passed PMP on my Second Attempt 7 years 2 months ago #9398

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Oh, this is interesting! Sounds like a matter of luck, depends on the test center. Good to know. Thank you!
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login