fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Did not pass, 1st attempt

Did not pass, 1st attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9377

• ED Munoz
  • ED Munoz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I really didn't think I was ready before going in but thought that the experience would be helpful. I studied questions from the PM Simulator for a month and then purchased the PrepCast 10 days before taking the exam. I quickly realized that it was to much information to ingest in just a few weeks. I scored 3 moderately proficient and 2 below proficient. I am now re-grouping and will view the PrepCast from beginning to end, along with taking practice exams. I am retired military so I am thinking of obtaining the PMP Certification like a military campaign. The initial battle was preparing and getting accepted to test. Win for that one. Taking exam, Loss. So I am 1 for 1. Any other helpful tips are welcome. Also, I decided to post this because I understand how difficult it is for some to accept failure. As far as I'm concerned, failure is not trying or giving up. I plan on taking again in 6 weeks. Wish me luck.

ED

Did not pass, 1st attempt 7 years 3 months ago #9382

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Ed,

Sorry to hear that you didn't pass the first time but happy that you are going to persevere and try again. It sounds like you have the right frame of mind going forward. Study hard and I know you can succeed. Be sure to utilize the PM Exam Simulator to help you train. It was the key tool for me in helping me pass the exam. Don't hesitate to reach out on this forum and ask questions as they arise. Best of luck to you in your studies.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Did not pass, 1st attempt 7 years 1 month ago #10098

• Tony Karim
  • Tony Karim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello, have you passed the exam now?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login