fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: From Osayawe Ogieva, PMP

From Osayawe Ogieva, PMP 14 years 7 months ago #530

• Conrado Cuevas
  • Conrado Cuevas's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 4
Osayawe Ogieva, PMP sent us the following lessons learned:

Date: September 8, 2009

PREPARATION FOR THE EXAM
I attended a forty-hour Project Management contact classes with a PMI accredited education provider/institution here in Dubai. At the end of the course, I was issued a certificate which sufficed for the required 35 PDUs. We were provided with some sample questions, as well as opportunities to take simulated tests --- though I was unable to avail myself of this. While the course was on, I subscribed to PMI's membership and was able download a licensed copy of the PMBOK 4th Edition, which I started studying. On recommendation, I also subscribed to your PM PrepCast, Podcast, which I listened to on my two-hour commute to and from the office for over three months. One other resource was the book HeadFirst coauthored by (sorry I can't remember the names now), a book I never really got around to reading.

The resources I concentrated on were:
1. My lectures and sample questions from the education provider
2. Your Premium PM PrepCast and the accompanying resources
3. The PMBOK Guide, 4th Edition
4. Online simulation exams
5. My hands-on experience in Project Management

I was quite comfortable with the structure and details of the PMBOK Guide 4th Edition, which I read twice. Practicing with sample questions and online simulated exams prepared me for scenario-based questions. Your PrepCast was also very helpful.

THE EXAM
The Prometric Testing Center located in the Knowledge Village in Dubai is manned by very professional, courteous and efficient staff. I actually visited the center three weeks before the exam as you recommended. The entire atmosphere for the exam was quite conducive and the exam was conducted without any hitches. The pre-exam instructions were very clear and useful. After the exam I filled out a computer-based questionnaire on my impression of the test. After which I waited for the result, which appeared within two minutes. I was then issued a printed, sealed and signed copy of the result by one of the staff.

That was my experience.

Thanks and regards to you all.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login