fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Today - 12/30 Happy New Year!

Passed Today - 12/30 Happy New Year! 7 years 4 months ago #9346

• Bonnie
  • Bonnie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
A big thanks to the team here at PrepCast!
Passed today with 4 MPs and Proficient in Closing.
5 or 6 Network Path/Critical Path questions. Time consuming, I marked them all and got to them at the end.
One Monetary Value question, I found it difficult but worked my way to what I assume was the right answer, of course I will never know.

Very easy EVM questions, around 5 I guess. CPI was the hardest, they added some trickiness to it, but I got it.
Couple of ITTOs but they seemed easy
No theorist or Communication Channels (there was one communication Models question)
Bottom line, not many easy questions.

Read Rita, Andy Crowe, and PMBOK, all many times. I found Andy was a good final read in the last 24 hours, just run through it front to back quckly and you stop to read the few things that catch your eye.
I bought an electronic copy of HeadFirst PMP. I do not see the big deal about that, everyone talks about how great it is. You can rent it off Amazon for about $18 / month. I saw little value in it.
I bought PMPrimer - I highly recommend it. Great video series, decent price.
Bought the PMTraining Questions first. About a thousand of them. Good Simulator, the questions are a little different than PrepCast, but all in all the same level of difficulty I think. Both of them need to be more trickier, then again, the guys at PrepCast would certainly get annoyed at me for questioning more the questions if they were like PMI questions. Too Subjective.
That last jab was a friendly one on the PrepCast team. They probably did get tired of my Feedback Emails, but I have to end this by saying they were all great and responded to my criticism well.
I purchased and answered 1,801 Questions, yes they give you a bonus question, not just 1800, but 1801.
Ended by averaging 77% on First Answered Questions.
The Last 30 days I ran 6 Full Exams, all in the 80s some in the high 80s. You would have to say that I was answering many questions for a 2nd time at that point, but I think with 1800 questions you really dont get to remember them.
Answering many questions is key, the time constraints of the real exam are killer. Taking an exam at home, there is no life or death struggle like there is at the real exam. You look at each question for too long, trying to decide between the two correct answers they give you.

I read something someone wrote not long ago I think here in the Forum. You have to take each question on the PMI as a personal challenge. Fight for the right answer.
Good luck to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP, Abduljaleel Hosawi, Venkata Surya Sagi

Passed Today - 12/30 Happy New Year! 7 years 4 months ago #9347

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Bonnie,

Congratulations! Great achievement. Welcome to the club. I believe by passing your PMP exam you made yourself a present for the New Year.

We never get tired of our customers, no matter how frequently they are using the PM Simulator LiveFeedbackTM feature. The opposite is true: we welcome this feedback. The feedback is a feature unique to our simulator. It's what makes this simulator great. You can always ask questions and always get answered. And the benefit is mutual - valuable feedbacks contribute to the continuous improvement of our products and services for all our customers.

Thanks again for your lessons learned from the exam and enjoy your New Year as New PMP!
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Passed Today - 12/30 Happy New Year! 7 years 4 months ago #9349

• Venkata Surya Sagi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations!!
Great inputs. Thanks

Passed Today - 12/30 Happy New Year! 7 years 4 months ago #9352

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Bonnie,

Congrats on passing the exam! What a great exclamation point to end 2016. Thanks for taking the time to post your experience and lessons learned to the forum. Best of luck in your endeavors as a certified PM.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login