fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP on Dec 28, First Try...So Happy

Passed my PMP on Dec 28, First Try...So Happy 7 years 3 months ago #9318

• Nasiiiiim
  • Nasiiiiim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am so happy that I passed my PMP exam today.
English is not my first language, If I can pass anyone else can too :)

I read Rita's book twice. It was very helpful and form my perspective about project management and processes.
Then next thing really was helpful, I had a project in mind, which it might sound funny but it is my dream project :cheer:
Opening a Yoga studio :lol:
with keeping in mind my dream project, I went through the whole processes, imagining initiating, identifying stakeholder, gathering requirements then planning and...for 3 times
and in every step and process I asked myself, well what I need, what I am looking for what is my output...and during this process I discovered about the relationship of all the processes and knowledge areas!
This really helped me to understand the ITTO by heart and not memorized it.

I practiced with simulator, but in mock exams I was done in 3 hours and usually my problems were not readying the questions well and rushing to selecting the answer and just generally tired of the long exam :blink:

In PMP exam, I used up the whole 4 hours and just had 5 minutes to review, which was extremely stressful. I took about 5 minutes break to just go to the washroom and drink some water.
I worked on staying relax during the exam and reading the question over and over again.
I found exam was difficult, but not unreasonable difficult. I just found it was challenging my attention. some cases all the 4 choices were so close and it was misleading.
In simulator exams my results were between 71% to 79%. I know when I was more focused, I got better score.
And Today:
Initiation and Monitoring and control: Proficient
Rest of process groups: Moderately Proficient

One more thing: In my exam the didn't let me to use my pencil and paper during the 15 minutes review before the exam. I was going to just write down some formula for EV. When I asked why, the told me PMI rules have changed :S
Good luck in your exam and stay calm :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Passed my PMP on Dec 28, First Try...So Happy 7 years 3 months ago #9321

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Nasiiiiim,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam! Thank you for sharing your experience and, especially, a creative way of applying your own dream project to your preparations. Sounds like having some fun while studying.

As for the brain dump that the testing center did not allow you to do: unfortunately yes, the rules have been changed just recently. You can use your papers and pencil only after the timer started. I know it's frustrating, but those are the new rules that the prospective PMP aspirant will have to abide from now on.

Now it's time for you to celebrate your success and enjoy your new PMP certification!
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nasiiiiim

Passed my PMP on Dec 28, First Try...So Happy 7 years 3 months ago #9324

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Nasiiiiim,
Congratulations on your PMP success.

Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nasiiiiim
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login