fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP exam cleared

PMP exam cleared 7 years 4 months ago #9285

• NAMBIRAJAN SENTHIL VINAYAKAM
  • NAMBIRAJAN SENTHIL VINAYAKAM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi All
I am happy to share the information that I have cleared my PMP on 25-Dec-16, would like share my experience and hoping it would be helpful for the members who are preparing for the PMP.
In mid Aug-2016, I have decided to take the PMP as my company mandate the PMP certification, Company provided 4 day PMP preparatory session and acquired the required PDUs to apply the PMP, I have registered PMI around end of Aug-2016 after that I planned the preparation It was 3 months long plan as I was busy in my project work and was unable to spend quality time
I used to spend 2 hrs every day and 2-4 hrs during the weekends for study
First month– PMBOK & Rita’s PMP hand Book
Initially I focused on the PMBOK and followed by Rita’s PMP handbook, as I was slowly gain the confident I was intended to try some mock exams parallel and one of my friend recommended PMP Exam Simulator
Second & Third month – PMP Exam Simulator mock exams & PMBOK
Second month on wards I have started practice the simulator exams from PMP exam simulator, Head first, Rita’s mock question and in parallel used the PMBOK as reference
As I gained the confidence, fixed the date as 25-Dec-16 and continued the preparation
Just before the PMP exam, I took couple of days leave and spend maximum time on the mock exams & PMBOK as reference, of course was bit nervous before the exam day but once I sat on the hot seat on the exam day everything went well I believe

Initiation – Moderate proficiency
Planning – Proficiency
Execution – Proficiency
Monitoring & Control – Proficiency
Closing - Moderate proficiency

Suggestions :
Planning for PMP exam preparation is must
Fix the target date and start the preparation
Once you read Knowledge areas , try few mock exam questions
Spend more time on weak areas
Do as much as mock exams and in the end at least few 200 question mocks

All the very best for PMP aspirants !!

PMP exam cleared 7 years 4 months ago #9290

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Nambirajan,
Congratulations on your successful PMP certification.
Cheers.

PMP exam cleared 7 years 4 months ago #9292

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Hi Nambirajan,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam and starting a new chapter in your life as a Professional Project Manager!

Regards,
Stan
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login