fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Failed PMP..!! :(

Failed PMP..!! :( 7 years 3 months ago #9272

• Ram Murthy
  • Ram Murthy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have taken my PMP Exam and i failed.

Question were very tricky and all answers were closely related to the question.

Even on Mathematical questions, which is not the easy one to derive the answer directly.

I was not even able to relate a single question which I had experienced in the PM Simulator.

Materials which I used is PMBOK, Rita & PM Simulator.

At this point of time really dejected and disappointed & confused of what sort of preparation is required!! :unsure: :(

Failed PMP..!! :( 7 years 3 months ago #9288

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Ram,

I am very sorry to hear that you failed the exam but you can take comfort in the fact that you are not alone. You are not alone because many others have been in the same situation. And you are also not alone, because this community here will be able to help you for your next attempt.

A few months ago, Annie failed as well and here is what she wrote to another student who didn't pass:

I failed previously too and I know how it feels. What I do it, I try to shake off the bad feeling ASAP and come back to beginning point again. As most tennis players said "One point at a time". I am still studying and preparing for the next attempt when I am ready. I would say "Don't give up!", if PMP certification is really what you want.

So my immediate recommendation for you is to not give up. Instead go ahead and try to learn why this may have happened. Where you not prepared enough? Did you not take enough sample questions? This is something that only you can answer. And to help you answer that, here is a podcast interview that you can listen to that may help:

www.project-management-podcast.com/index...pmp-exam-three-times

Kevin and I discuss 6 reasons that are often at the center of people failing -- including ideas on how to overcome them.

I also recommend that you read this lessons learned here from someone who failed twice and just recently passed their exam: www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...am-3rd-times-a-charm -- it's quite inspirational to read and see how this person did not give up.

Once you understand the cause of why you may have missed the exam, then next step will be to develop a plan that will allow you to get back on track and schedule the exam again for next year.

And don't forget to keep coming back here and asking questions if you do not understand a topic. Everyone is happy to help you.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Failed PMP..!! :( 7 years 1 month ago #10099

• Tony Karm
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello, have you passed the PMP exam now?

Failed PMP..!! :( 7 years 3 weeks ago #10212

• Martha Raney Taylor, PMP
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, don't give up! Tell us how it's going for you! :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login