fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam on Dec. 19, 2016

Passed PMP Exam on Dec. 19, 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9234

• Wafi O.
  • Wafi O.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am pleased to say that I passed the exam on my first attempt. I started the journey in May 2016 by getting a PMBOK Guide, which I read through to get a high level grasp. Don't be discouraged if at first you find PMBOK guide dry and hard to absorb, it is because the book doesn't go in much detail. After reading reviews of PMP prep books - although many PMP aspirants seem to favor Rita's, I went for the Head First PMP. Head First is fun to read and easy to understand. I read each chapter in detail and attempted practice questions. It took me like three months to read through PMBOK Guide and Head First. I didn't study any other book!
Then I purchased the PM Prep Cast training with 1,800 practice questions. Watching Mr. Fichtner explain PMI best practices was a huge help! After watching all the chapters and building some confidence, I began practicing simulator questions, including mock exams. In total I took seven mock exams, scoring 74%, 78%, 76%, 84%, 79%, 85%, and 87%. If you consistently score above 75% in mock exams, you've a good chance to clear the exam. The best thing about using PM Simulator is that it provides analytical results of your scores by exam, process group, and chapter; be sure to review those to identify areas you still need to improve. Remember, there are plenty of options online when it comes to practice questions, make sure to read the reviews before making a decision; practicing poorly worded questions isn't just a waste of time but can lead to confusion as well. I can't reiterate more, practice as many questions as you can, and update your notes as necessary. Also, understanding ITTOs is the key! Don't try to memorize them, it is not going to help but instead try to understand the logic and how T&Ts and Outputs are used.
In short, I found the following to be most critical in my preparation: Head First, PM Simulator, and the self-developed note.
P.S. I passed the exam with one Proficiency, three Moderately Proficient, and one Below Proficient.

Passed PMP Exam on Dec. 19, 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9297

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Wafi,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam, and thank you for sharing your lessons learned. We are glad that our PM Simulator contributed to your success.

Best of luck in all your future endeavours!
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login