fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Planning is key for your PMP Exam

Planning is key for your PMP Exam 7 years 4 months ago #9156

• Maheswaran Kolandaswamy
  • Maheswaran Kolandaswamy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I passed my PMP Certification Exam on 3rd December. I cannot tell you how much joy I felt when I saw the word, "Congratulations" on the screen. I felt like jumping up and shouting at the top of my voice but then there were other people in the testing room who were still in the battlefield. Key for success -Planning & Execution.

In preparing for my Exam, I took the following steps;
. I attended a 5 day Bootcamp to get familiar with the PMBOK 5 and the Examination issues
. I then read through the PMBOK 5 and Rita Mulcahy's book each knowledge areas understand the concepts of the Project Management and PMBOK 5.
. After reading through PMBOK 5 again, form group of 3 members and discuss about each knowledge areas and note down the key points
. I reviewed many questions from Rita Mulch, Cornelius Fichtner, Oliver F. Lehmann and don't go for unrecognized online free exam sites, you will get confuse.
. Another round of group discussion and take notes of key points and all the formulas for each knowledge areas.
. I also mastered all the important formulas and practiced them before the exam. this is very important, please don't skip any maths questions in the exam.

They Day before exam you should be relaxed and have good night sleep. On the day of the Exam, I used the first five minutes to write down all the formulas before I embarked on the exam. My experience is that if you want to pass the Exam, you must Plan for the exam, execute the plan and apply project management concepts . There is no short cut. Read through the PMBOK 5, Rita and practice as many questions as you can. All the best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Planning is key for your PMP Exam 7 years 4 months ago #9159

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Maheswaran,

Congrats on passing the exam! I can relate to your feelings of joy when seeing the Congratulations on the screen. I felt exactly the same way. Thanks for sharing your experience and lessons learned on the forum. Great advice. Best of luck as a newly certified PMP!

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maheswaran Kolandaswamy

Planning is key for your PMP Exam 7 years 4 months ago #9161

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Maheswaran,
Congratulations.
Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maheswaran Kolandaswamy
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login