fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP exam on December 7, 2016

Passed my PMP exam on December 7, 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9145

• Margaret Bura, PMP
  • Margaret Bura, PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed my PMP exam on December 7th, 2016. It was rather hard exam and not that easy to survive 4 hours in very basic Prometric room... I studied for about 2,5 months all together. I took PMP Exam preparation course offered by my chapter. It was very useful as I wasn't really familiar with few areas like Procurement or Cost. I think one should consider this kind of course to get you accustomed to the terminology and overall exam requirements. I got a copy of Rita book from my course and started reviewing it almost immediately after my course. I went through all the chapters and reviewed again the ones I was least comfortable with. Then I started taking mock tests- some free, some I paid for but I don't think I was happy with the quality of these tests. I joined my PMP forums and many recommended Cornelius's simulator. I signed up for his free exam simulator first and I found that the questions were good quality. I purchased the actual simulator and also his Podcasts and even formulas. The whole package was rather useful because I could listen to the podcasts on my commute or lunch break and answer some questions right after. It really saved me time and I didn't have to go to other sites. I reviewed PMBOK only once and occasionally as a reference. During my last week before the exam I was only doing mock tests and got over 86% on any new test I was taking. When I went to the exam I found that the questions were close to the ones from Cornelius's simulator but a bit harder. I went through first 120 questions in less than 2 hours, took 5 min break and answered the rest a bit slower as I only had about 5 min left to review my marked questions before the end of the exam. I answered survey questions, waited.. and got Congratulations! message on the screen. I couldn't been happier! I think you need to have a plan and stick to it before you write this brutal exam. I also think a good quality simulator makes a big difference. Good luck to all studying for PMP exam- it is hard but worth it!

Passed my PMP exam on December 7, 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9153

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Margaret,

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story! We are glad to hear our products helped you in this journey. Best of luck in all your future endeavors and don't forget to celebrate your success!

Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Passed my PMP exam on December 7, 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9162

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Margaret,
Congratulations.
Cheers.

Passed my PMP exam on December 7, 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9170

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks fr the feedback Margaret. Which of these gave the real edge and confidence? e.g. If one had extremely very little time and needed one option, what would you advice? Rita book, exam simulator or PMBOK guide?

Passed my PMP exam on December 7, 2016 7 years 2 months ago #9755

• Margaret Bura, PMP
  • Margaret Bura, PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Henry- I think getting higher and higher score on simulator questions gave me the confidence that I am ready for the exam. I used PMBOK and Rita only as a reference in the final stages of my preparation. I hope it helps. Best,
Margaret
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login