fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9101

• Senthil Nathan N
  • Senthil Nathan N's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
First I read head first twice which gave me good understanding of PMP concepts based on scenario.
Second I prepared 47 flash cards of ITTO and reviewed it daily.. this way I knew which ITTO was in which process.
Third I prepared flash cards for important HR concepts and important terminologies that helped me to become strong in concepts.
Fourth I took a A0 print of Ricardo's Process Mind map posted in this group and went through it whenever i had time.
Fifth I concentrate on Exam Content Outlines and reviewed it on regular basis.
And I scanned through PMBOK atleast thrice.
Sixth I took Rita fast track mock exam knowledge area wise. And took full test.. never took Super PMP exam as I heard it was too tough!! I felt it was not necessary as it might demotivate.
Seventh I took PM PrepCast exam simulator first i tool the timed exam based on Knowledge Area then I took the actual simulator full test. As I followed all the above things was able to score 88 to 93 in those test. PM Prep-cast Exam simulator is similar to the Actual PMP exam, it helped me reach excellence!! I got 4 Proficiency ( Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Control ) and 1 Moderate Proficiency in Closing process Group!! Thanks you so much Cornelius Fichtner for helping me reach this milestone :) !!
I stopped studying on the last day and only thing I reviewed was exam content Outlines!!
On the day of the exam had dry fruits and nuts which made me feel light and I didn't feel much hungry or thirsty.. I took almost whole 4 hrs!! I was aware of the timer, though it was running I kept myself cool and answered the question!! These are things that helped me succeed in exam!! And more over the question asked in this Group helped a lot!! I wish everyone in this group a great success in their PMP certification!! Thanks a million for helping me reach this milestone !!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP, Henry ILO
Last edit: by Mark Wuenscher, PMP. Reason: edited Prep cast to PrepCast

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9105

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Senthil,

Congrats on passing the PMP exam! Great work! Thanks for taking the time to post your lessons learned and exam experience. Best of luck to you as a newly certified project manager.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Senthil Nathan N

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9106

• Senthil Nathan N
  • Senthil Nathan N's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks a lot Mark!!

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9112

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Congrats to your success Senthil.
Cheers.

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9119

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Senthil, thanks for sharing. Quite a load of resources. Congrats. Please concerning process flows, what would you advice? cos i have been trying mistakenly thogh as i have now learnt to memorize the ITTOs.

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9129

• Senthil Nathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I never Memorized the ITTO but i reviewed it on regular basis which helped me to remember which tools, input or output comes where.
I used Some short ways .. For Example EEF and OPA comes in many processes... Just remember in which process it does not come.
Same applies to Meeting and Expert Judgment. Change request comes in only one planning process ( Plan Procurement Management )
It is there in most of Execution process and almost all M&C process. Correlate it this way which will help you understand it better and you won't forget.
Do let me know if you need any further help!

Thanks again and wish you success in your PMP Exam!!

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9134

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks alot Senthil

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9138

• RAJAT GUPTA
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I'm a PMP aspirant. May I have the link to Ricardo's Process Mind map?

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9150

• Surya
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Senthil

Congratulations on your PMP Exam Success
I am currently preparing for exam due in Jan. So far I read PMBOK and Rita once. I have started precast PMP simulations and scoring around 75+. What is your advice or any special tips to improve my confidence. Appreciate your feedback.

Regards
Surya

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9155

• Senthil Nathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Please provide your email address I will forward it to you!

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9160

• Senthil Nathan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Surya,

Be good in ITTO and Key concepts that should help and please read Exam content outline thoroughly!
If you need any further inputs please contact me on my facebook messenger www.facebook.com/senthilnathan.narayanan

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil Nathan

Cleared PMP Certification on 5th Dec 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9166

• RAJAT GUPTA
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Here you go with my email id,
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login