fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP in 1st attempt on 11th November, 2016

Passed my PMP in 1st attempt on 11th November, 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9100

• Abhijit Chakraborty
  • Abhijit Chakraborty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I made a study plan for 3 months which was approximately 4-6 hrs a day along with my full time job. One hour in the morning before I got left for work, 1 hour during my travel to work (by mass transit), 1 hour on my way back from work (on mass transit) and two hours after dinner before I went to bed.
My study plan was divided into 4 phases.
Phase1: Read PMBOK guide and Rita Mulch. Also took an online PMI instructor lead training.
Phase 2: Read PMBOK and Rita Mulc for the 2nd time
Phase 3: Read PMBOK and Rita Mulch for the 3rd time
Phase 4: Practice tests from PMI online training (conceptual), Rita Mulch (functional) and Cornelius Fichtner (good explanation about incorrect as well as correct responses). Each question bank had its own flavor which contributed to a well rounded understanding of the concepts
I hope the above helps my fellow practitioners
Thanks
Abhi

Passed my PMP in 1st attempt on 11th November, 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9104

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Abhijit,
Congrats on passing the PMP exam! Thanks for posting your preparation / study plan. Best of luck to you!
Cheers,
Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Passed my PMP in 1st attempt on 11th November, 2016 7 years 4 months ago #9121

• Henry ILO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for the feedback Abhijit and super congrats . Please concerning process flows and situational questions and especially ITTOs, what wold you advice me? Your kind revert is most appreciated. Thanks. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login