fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam - Lessons Learned

Passed PMP Exam - Lessons Learned 7 years 4 months ago #9061

• SHANNON JOHNSON
  • SHANNON JOHNSON's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi All,
I successfully passed the PMP exam on my first attempt November 21st. I got 3 Proficient and 2 Moderately Proficient. The resources I used were the PM PrepCast, the PMBOK guide, and the PMP Exam Simulator. I started by listening to all of the PM PrepCast lessons to and from work to gain a comfort level with the material. I completed the self-assessment questions after each module to identify the areas I would need to focus on as I continued my studies. After completing my first pass through the PrepCast I submitted my application and once approved I scheduled my test far enough out to allow myself to focus on one knowledge area per week until the test.

During this time, I listened to the PrepCast again and read along in the PMBOK at the same time. On the weekends I would focus my time on taking sample test and answering quiz questions in the Exam Simulator. I went through all the questions in the Simulator. By the end I was routinely scoring around 85% in the Simulator. When reviewing exam questions I would take notes on areas I felt I needed additional review. Once my exam day arrived I felt adequately prepared after following this routine, and luckily all the work paid off.

P.S. As others have noted you can no longer start your “brain dump” during the tutorial and must wait until the actual exam time starts. I consider myself a slow test taker so this did add to my stress level and did cost me about 10 minutes at the beginning of the test, but the content did come in handy when I needed to recall a formula.

Thanks,
Shannon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Passed PMP Exam - Lessons Learned 7 years 4 months ago #9064

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Shannon Congratulations!!

Passed PMP Exam - Lessons Learned 7 years 4 months ago #9065

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Shannon,

Congrats on passing the PMP exam! Thanks for taking the time to post your experience and lessons learned. Best of luck to you as a newly certified PMP.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login