fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: How I passed my PMP Certification Exam

How I passed my PMP Certification Exam 7 years 4 months ago #9057

• Thomas Okedi, PMP.
  • Thomas Okedi, PMP.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
On the 25th November, 2016, I passed my PMP Certification Exam. I cannot tell you how much joy I felt when I saw the word, "Congratulations" on the screen. I felt like jumping up and shouting at the top of my voice but then there were other people in the testing room who were still in the battlefield.

In preparing for my Exam, I took the following steps;
. I attended a 5 day Bootcamp to get familiar with the PMBOK 5 and the Examination issues
. I then read through the PMBOK 5 and formed a discussion team of 3 people for discussion. Going it alone can be tough.
. After reading through PMBOK 5, I read through Rita Mulcahy's book and it provided a simpler way of understanding the PMBOK 5.
. I reviewed many questions from Rita Mulch, Cornelius Fichtner, Oliver F. Lehmann, sites.google.com/site/pgmpguide/pmp-1-20 ; and many other online sources. When you search online, there are hundreds of questions.
. Every time I reviewed questions, I would take note of the ones I have failed and write down the new concepts.
. I also mastered all the important formulas and practiced them before the exam.

On the day of the Exam, I used the first five minutes to write down all the formulas before I embarked on the exam. My experience is that if you want to pass the Exam, you must prepare for it. There is no short cut. Read through the PMBOK 5, Rita and practice as many questions as you can.

For any other personalised tips or responses to any of the questions you may have, please feel free to reach out to me on: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

How I passed my PMP Certification Exam 7 years 4 months ago #9060

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Congratulations Thomas.

How I passed my PMP Certification Exam 7 years 4 months ago #9062

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Thomas,

First, congratulations and well done! This is a significant achievement in your life. Now it’s time to celebrate. One thing before you start it, would you mind to clarify the point where you said you used the first five minutes to write down all the formulas before you embarked on the exam? As far as we know, PMI does not allow brain dump anymore before the actual exam starts. Did you mean you took 5 minutes BEFORE the time started to count down (during the tutorial), or did you just use the first 5 minutes AFTER the countdown started?

Again, good job!

Best regards,
Stan
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

How I passed my PMP Certification Exam 7 years 4 months ago #9081

• Thomas Okedi
  • Thomas Okedi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
After I started the countdown, I made sure that I used my first five minutes to write down all the formulas. I then used the remaining 10 minutes to understand the process for the exam.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login