fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt 30NOV2016

Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt 30NOV2016 7 years 4 months ago #9028

• MARIE-HELENE DELMOTTE
  • MARIE-HELENE DELMOTTE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm happy to report that I just passed today my PMP exam :) :) I was so relieved when I saw Congratulations on the screen.
I found the questions really difficult. I marked all first 25 questions and then it got better !
Most of the questions were situational: what should the PM do next , what didn't do the PM? what should the PM have done differently? there were lots of questions about changes, changes requests and quite a few on stakeholder and procurement management. Not many questions on EVM (maybe 4 or 5 and quite easy) and only 1 question on number of communications.

To pass the exam, I used the PMBOK book and Rita's pmp prep. I watched the video from the PM Prep cast and did the mock tests from the PM exam simulator (I averaged 70%). I encourage everyone to do as many mock tests as possible. For some reason the time seemed to go faster the day of the exam and I used the 4H.
I would like to thank Cornelius Fichtner. The material is really good and helped me getting ready for the exam.

Good luck to all of you who are studying.
Cheers
Marie

Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt 30NOV2016 7 years 4 months ago #9037

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Marie,

Congrats on passing the PMP exam! Thanks for sharing your experience. I also struggled through the first 25 questions on my exam (really hard) and used nearly the entire 4 hours to complete. Best of luck in all your endeavors as a certified project manager.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Passed PMP exam on 1st attempt 30NOV2016 7 years 4 months ago #9040

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Marie,
Congrats and Thanks for sharing your experience.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login