fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Lessons Learned - Second Time's a Charm

PMP Lessons Learned - Second Time's a Charm 7 years 4 months ago #9027

• Rachel W
  • Rachel W's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes, it took me two attempts. But in fairness, I only had myself to blame. Here are a few things that helped me on my 2nd attempt, that made the difference:
  1. Finish all of the modules in the PrepCast
  2. Review the modules on estimating and costs several times
  3. Finish an entire exam prep book (ironically, I used 'How to Pass the PMP Exam on the First Try')
  4. Memorize those formulas: EVM, CV, CPI, SV, SPI, and write them down on the scratch paper as soon as your exam time starts
  5. During the exam, don't spend more than a minute or 2 on a question...mark it and move on. Use the crossout method for answers you know aren't correct. If guessing on the answer, or uncertain, mark it for review. Review all marked items at the end of the test.
  6. Finish 100 questions in the first 1-1.25 hours. Second 100 questions in 1-1.25 hours. Spend the remaining time finishing up items that you Marked for review. If time is left over, don't click "End Exam". Use that time to review at random your answers. I caught at least 4-5 items that were incorrect, using this method.

PMP Lessons Learned - Second Time's a Charm 7 years 4 months ago #9036

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Rachel,

Congrats on passing the PMP exam. You are now certified! Thanks for sharing your lessons learned. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

PMP Lessons Learned - Second Time's a Charm 7 years 4 months ago #9039

• Tajudeen M. Oyedele (PMP)
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Rachel,

Congratulations on your passing the PMP exam. Your Tips is quite interesting.
Cheers.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login